Load it! Check mail and it shows only 12/12/18 and older???

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Load it! Check mail and it shows only 12/12/18 and older???

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 am

I also when to an old Juno account and sent me an email. Gmail got the message but never showed first on the Mailwasher. Nothing seems to be showing there but old mail? So far, maybe premature but this seems to be a program the general public could not use. However I've had computers since 1987. Anyone remember the old Timex Sinclair? So I see we are given the Pro for 10 days to evaluate but I can't even understand it's working and I've downloaded and installed a lot of programs and ran them. Why won't checking my mail show first on Mailwasher? Why are not up to date showing. As I said I sent a message to my gmail from juno and Mailwasher did not catch it??? Thanks
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Load it! Check mail and it shows only 12/12/18 and older???

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 am

BTW do I have to do anything about the filters I already have in Gmail. I was lead to believe that Mailwasher saw everything before gmail does?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 pm

MailWasher doesn't prevent emails from loading in your regular email program, what do you use and I should be able to provide instructions on how to set the email program not to automatically bring in messages.

Also which account is only showing older emails ?
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 am

rusticdog wrote:MailWasher doesn't prevent emails from loading in your regular email program, what do you use and I should be able to provide instructions on how to set the email program not to automatically bring in messages.

Thanks! Sorry for delay. I use gmail mostly on chrome browser. I would be grateful to know that setting for gmail to as you said, not bring in the emails. jack ":-Dx
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:07 am

rusticdog wrote:MailWasher doesn't prevent emails from loading in your regular email program, what do you use and I should be able to provide instructions on how to set the email program not to automatically bring in messages.

And 1 ? you asked I forgot. I'd say forget that question about the "old emails" . . . I think it was just newb learning.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Right, so looking at your GMail in Chrome will show all the mails, MailWasher ought to show (assuming it's IMAP) all Unread messages in your INBOX folder.

MailWasher also only updates every xx minutes, xx being set under Settings >> General >> Checking Mail.

So if you were looking at both, it would be possible to see a message in Chrome before MailWasher, but MailWasher should be loading it when it does check for new mail. Are you saying some messages never show in MailWasher at all that you expect to ?
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Well yes. For some reason a bunch, not near as many as before MW but about 13 messages of hard spam showed up in spam and mailwasher didn't catch them. They were on the blacklist. I don't know if it's necessary but I don't run the mail program until I've dealt with what I see on MW. Then I open Mail Program. And they were there on SPAM in gmail but hadn't shown on MW. I surely want to purchase this program if I can see it's working for the most part. Maybe I need to add more wildcards or something of that sort. Thanks!!!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:49 pm

Sorry for delay.

Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> is MW using IMAP ?
Assuming so then select the IMAP tab >> choose for MailWasher to also check the SPAM folder >> Save.
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:10 am

At this very moment I am doing a Clean reset. I'll reinstall after and see how it goes. Thanks much! Jep

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”