Blacklist not working

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
denniscj7
Rattled Rabbit

Blacklist not working

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 am

Using version 7.4 MWP. When I right click on an incoming email and select add sender to blacklist or add domain to blacklist, nothing happens. The line with the email is still there. I deleted all of the blacklist thinking it might have grown too big, but no help. Blacklist has been working very well for several years when I was using mwfree but not since recent upgrade to mwp.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Blacklist not working

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:16 pm

denniscj7 wrote:Using version 7.4 MWP. When I right click on an incoming email and select add sender to blacklist or add domain to blacklist, nothing happens. The line with the email is still there. I deleted all of the blacklist thinking it might have grown too big, but no help. Blacklist has been working very well for several years when I was using mwfree but not since recent upgrade to mwp.
Does this happen with all addresses your try or just some ?
It's possible the email address isn't valid, which MailWasher won't allow to be added to the blacklist.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Just to make sure: you state "nothing happens".... "the line is still there".... All that the blacklist does, is enhance the spam value; it does not actually remove the blacklisted mail. If the total spam value is negative, the message should be recognized as "spam"... Does the "status" column indicate "blacklist"? What value have you set for the blacklist under [settings]>>[spam tools]>>[spam ratings]? I'd suggest playing around with the settings there. I wouldn't use auto-delete though, if I were you...
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
denniscj7
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:40 am

Status column does show the word blacklist. I now believe what happened was that before my upgrade to pro, whenever I blacklisted an item, it auto deleted.
Now, since the upgrade blacklist appears in the status field and it does get into the blacklist list, it just does not get autodeleted.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am

denniscj7 wrote:Status column does show the word blacklist. I now believe what happened was that before my upgrade to pro, whenever I blacklisted an item, it auto deleted.
Now, since the upgrade blacklist appears in the status field and it does get into the blacklist list, it just does not get auto deleted.
I think you're right... :-) You can still enable auto delete blacklisted senders under [settings]>>[spam tools]>>[Black list]>>[options] But it's an option I wouldn't use myself.. I'm not a fan of auto delete! :roll:
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”