Mailwasher "invocation of the constructor exception"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
terrya
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher "invocation of the constructor exception"

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:32 am

Hi, I upgraded to version 7.11.10 in November last and I am now getting an exception error every now and again.
The error dialog box reads "The invocation of the constructor on type ‘MailWasherPro.CustomDataGridControl’ that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception."
This error first came come up after a week or so of the upgrade and I can't then start Mailwasher, I have checked some help forums and have deleted the startup.xml from the system folder. After deleting this and restarting the PC, I still get this error for a few days then it just works again but starts a new Mailwasher session with the tuts and such that come up the very first time you run Mailwasher. It still has all my account settings as before.
This has been an ongoing merry-go-round for a couple of months and hopefully I can find a solution?
I am running Windows 10 Home and have not had this issue with previous versions, only after the latest update.
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher "invocation of the constructor exception"

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi there

If you disable grouping of emails, the crashes will stop.

I assume you have the emails grouped by date, if you right click on your date column heading in MailWasher (Received/Sent/Arrived) >> and uncheck Group by xxxxxx

Thanks

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”