Retiring Messages in Inbox

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jandarah
Rattled Rabbit

Retiring Messages in Inbox

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,

I have used Pro for some time, but with Windows XP. Now using it with Win 10. Before, after I washed the mail, the permitted ones went to the email program inbox. Later, when I checked Mailwasher for new mail, the previous emails were no longer in the Mailwasher inbox. Now, these processed emails appear to stay for some days. It is a bit annoying and I cannot find anywhere in the Setup to limit the time that these processed emails remain. Is there a solution that I am missing?

Thanks

John
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Retiring Messages in Inbox

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 pm

What mail program are you using John.
jandarah
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:11 am

I was using Outlook Express with xp, but am now using eM Client with Win 10. The email program downloads the permitted emails ok, but the list remains in Mailwasher, (even after it is closed down and then re-opened) making it annoying and confusing. This did not happen before. I noticed a post from someone else complaining of the same issue.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:34 am

Great, so in emClient, if you click on Menu >> Tools >> Accounts >> is this account setup as POP or IMAP ?
jandarah
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:02 pm

It is setup as a POP account. After reading a reply to another poster, I searched eM Client and found where to adjust the number of days, or have no days that the message remains in the server. I am now ok, thanks very much for your assistance.

John

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”