Deleted items not being deleted

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Bundaburra
Student Sheep

Deleted items not being deleted

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Since updating to 7.12.1, I have noticed a problem where emails supposedly deleted in Mailwasher are still being downloaded into Outlook. I have various filters where if an incoming email matches the criteria it is set to auto-delete. It does not appear in "Inbox", but does show in "Recycle Bin". Then, when I do "Wash Mail" and go into Outlook to download the remaioning"good" emails, those deleted ones are still there and get downloaded as well. It would seem that Mailwasher is not deleting them from the server? Did not happen priopr to 7.12.1.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Deleted items not being deleted

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Bundaburra wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 pm
Since updating to 7.12.1, I have noticed a problem where emails supposedly deleted in Mailwasher are still being downloaded into Outlook. I have various filters where if an incoming email matches the criteria it is set to auto-delete. It does not appear in "Inbox", but does show in "Recycle Bin". Then, when I do "Wash Mail" and go into Outlook to download the remaioning"good" emails, those deleted ones are still there and get downloaded as well. It would seem that Mailwasher is not deleting them from the server? Did not happen priopr to 7.12.1.
Can you send me some logs to have a look at.

Go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a note like 'not deleting all mails' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back once sent.

Also is it only the emails that the filters should be auto-deleting that are coming into Outlook, or are you also noticing the same with emails you manually delete ?

Lastly is the account in Outlook setup as POP or IMAP ?
WombatNo1
Rattled Rabbit

Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Can I please ask if this query was resolved as it appears to be the same problem I'm having and I don't want t start a duplicate topic.
Thank you
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu May 02, 2019 7:48 pm

WombatNo1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 pm
Can I please ask if this query was resolved as it appears to be the same problem I'm having and I don't want t start a duplicate topic.
Thank you
I don't recall getting logs, send me a set using the steps above.

Cheers
Tonestar
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:18 pm

I am having this issue as well where emails being deleted on IMAP account are not actually deleting on outlook accounts (IMAP SSL authenticated setup). I will send logs with 'Tonestar - not deleting'
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Tonestar wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:18 pm
I am having this issue as well where emails being deleted on IMAP account are not actually deleting on outlook accounts (IMAP SSL authenticated setup). I will send logs with 'Tonestar - not deleting'
Restart MailWasher first, it looks like MW has gotten hung up and processing the data in an unexpected way.
I cannot see the exact cause as it appears to have started the day before, and logs only send for current day.

If the problem persists, fire through another set of logs, also if possible include chris as the Ticket Number, that way will come direct to me.

Cheers
Chris
Tonestar
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:25 pm

I have restarted a few times including a cold reboot of the PC. Still no change. I'll restart MW and add Chris as the ticket number to next set of logs again.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:18 am

Tonestar wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:25 pm
I have restarted a few times including a cold reboot of the PC. Still no change. I'll restart MW and add Chris as the ticket number to next set of logs again.
Do you have an antivirus program installed that has a mail scanner ? If so, try turning on the email scanner component

Also under Settings >> General >> Checking Mail >> set the throttle to check one account at a time >> restart MailWasher once done.

If that still fails, under Help >> User Files >> cache >> there is a file called mwp.db3 >> if you can ZIP and email me that file to forum@firetrust.com (the file doesn't contain passwords)

Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:44 pm

OK thanks for sending me that file, I've emailed you back the replacement and details on how to put in.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”