"collecting unread email"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
edagro
Student Sheep

"collecting unread email"

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:31 am

I'm running MW and my Thunderbird mail client to scan & receive POP, port # 995. The TB works fine, downloads only new mail.

However every time I ask MW to Check Mail I get a message at the bottom of the screen "collecting email for the past 7 days". And the I get a listing of the emails I've received since the last download, much more than 7 days. I've tried the three combinations of the two "Leave messages on server" choices: "For at most x days" and "Until I delete them" in the TB Server settings. None make any difference, the 7-day msg still shows on the Check Mail page along with the long list of already downloaded messages. I can get rid of the list by washing everything before I next Check Mail.

The 7-day msg is harmless I guess, but it's quite annoying. What's this 7-day message about, and how can I get rid of it?

And why do i have to wash everything in order to receive only the new mail the next time I Check Mail?

Thanks for any advice - edagro
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: "collecting unread email"

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:37 am

Sorry this is just a visual glitch, MailWasher is checking your POP account as it used to.

As for the emails on the server after you download them into ThunderBird. You want the program to be set to delete the emails it downloads, you can do that under Tools >> Account Settings >> Server Settings >> uncheck the option to Leave Messages on Server >> OK >> restart ThunderBird.

From that point on, when ThunderBird downloads an email for that account, it will then delete the message off the server so MailWasher will no longer see it.

Thanks
edagro
Student Sheep

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:09 am

Rudticdog wrote:
Sorry this is just a visual glitch, MailWasher is checking your POP account as it used to.

As for the emails on the server after you download them into ThunderBird. You want the program to be set to delete the emails it downloads, you can do that under Tools >> Account Settings >> Server Settings >> uncheck the option to Leave Messages on Server >> OK >> restart ThunderBird.

From that point on, when ThunderBird downloads an email for that account, it will then delete the message off the server so MailWasher will no longer see it.
Well, OK. but it's annoying. Maybe the glitch can be fixed in the next update. As far as I recall, It didn't appear in the previous version. Also in that version, the number of emails was noted at the top of the inbox window, which was convenient. Regarding TB configuration, of course I'd done that.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:26 am

Yeah we will fix that for next update.

To get the # of emails back, hit the Search EMails button near top right.
edagro
Student Sheep

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:09 am

rusticdog wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:26 am
Yeah we will fix that for next update.

To get the # of emails back, hit the Search EMails button near top right.
Thanks!
iamjaydear
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Had the same question :)
edagro
Student Sheep

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:19 pm

iamjaydear wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:29 pm
Had the same question :)
Yes, but now although MY GUI still says "collecting email for the past 7 days", it shows only the new email on the Check Mail screen, as it should. Maybe someone at Firetrust is working on the problem already?

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”