Problem with email from Yahoo spam folder

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
BobSt
Rattled Rabbit

Problem with email from Yahoo spam folder

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:30 am

I don't know whether this is a MailWasher issue or a Yahoo issue. Hoping it's easier to get an answer here than from Yahoo.

Yahoo sorts my incoming messages into two folders: "Inbox" and "Spam." Basically, it used to be the case that MailWasher accessed only those messages that Yahoo had pre-sorted into the "Inbox" folder. As far as what I was seeing in MailWasher, the stuff in the Yahoo "Spam" folder didn't exist, which was the way I liked it. But now, MailWasher is accessing the messages in both folders, identifying the latter as the "Yahoo/Bulk Mail" account. I'd like to go back to the old way. Does anyone know how to do that?

For background, I had been using an old desktop almost exclusively, but it now has security issues that I may or may not be able to resolve. In the meanwhile, I disconnect from the internet whenever I use it. I therefore installed MailWasher on a laptop which I hadn't used for email previously. I used all of the same MailWasher settings that I'd used on the desktop, and everything worked fine for several days. But then it stopped accessing the Yahoo account altogether. I couldn't figure out exactly what was going on, but "solved" the problem by changing the MailWasher setting for my Yahoo account from POP to IMAP. That seemed to work fine, and things went back to the way they were. However, I'm not entirely certain whether MailWasher immediately started accessing messages in the spam/bulk mail folder, or if there was some delay in that happening -- it took a while for me to recognize that I was seeing messages in the "Yahoo/Bulk Mail" folder. Still worse, for (virtually?) all of the spam messages from the Yahoo spam folder, MailWasher doesn't mark any of them as either "good" or "spam"; I have to look at each one to decide how to mark it myself (although not a problem if I can get back to not seeing such messages at all).

I have no idea whether I inadvertently changed some setting in either MailWasher or Yahoo (or both?) that led to this sorry state of affairs. I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

Thanks large.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Problem with email from Yahoo spam folder

Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:11 am

Hi there

Under Settings >> Accounts >> select the IMAP tab for the Yahoo account >> this will display a list of folders that MailWasher will show messages for, uncheck the Spam/Junk folder >> Save.

Assuming no other folders are selected, MailWasher will then just check the INBOX folder.

Cheers
rd
BobSt
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Problem with email from Yahoo spam folder

Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:58 am

I've changed the setting and am sure that will do the trick. Don't know how I missed it in my all fumbling around, but I guess that's what forums are for.

Thanks large.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”