If this helps:
I use Pegasus as email client for my Gmail and Mailwasher Pro 7 to preview (etc) mail before downloading.
As above, since December, MW could access my Gmail account but could not process the mail before downloading into my Pegasus.
Today found this solution - went into my Google account and did as instructed below (copied from the Google AC page):
"Sign in using App Passwords
An App Password is a 16-digit passcode that gives a non-Google app or device permission to access your Google Account. App Passwords can only be used with accounts that have 2-Step Verification turned on.
When to use App Passwords
To help keep your account secure, use "Sign in with Google" to connect apps to your Google Account. If the app you’re using doesn’t offer this option, you can either:
• Use App Passwords to connect to your Google Account
• Switch to a more secure app
Create & use App Passwords
Note: If you use 2-Step-Verification and are seeing a "password incorrect" error when trying to access your Google Account, an App Password may solve the problem.
1. Go to your Google Account.
2. On the left navigation panel, choose Security.
3. On the "Signing in to Google" panel, choose App Passwords. If you don’t see this option:
• 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
• 2-Step Verification is set up for security keys only.
• Your account is through work, school, or other organization.
• You’ve turned on Advanced Protection for your account.
4. At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you’re using.
5. Choose Select device and choose the device you’re using.
6. Choose Generate.
7. Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
8. Choose Done."
Then pasted the generated password into Pegasus and into the Mailwasher Account for Gmail.
This setup is working so far.
Best of luck.