Some of my mail gets over-written

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Riftvalley
Student Sheep

Some of my mail gets over-written

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:22 pm

I may have to stop using Mailwasher as the program is losing some of my emails by over-writting one received email with another.

For example; if I receive an email from person A I can acess it once, but the next time I try to read the email the title remains the same but the content is over-written by the content of an email from person B.

The first email is not only over-written, but it disappears from the server and cannot be downloaded to Outlook.

I have lost several important emails and may have to uninstall Mailwasher altogether as it is embarrassing losing clients emails and haing to ask for a resend. I know this is happening as I can read the original email once in Maiwasher before it becomes overwritten.

I need to know a solution otherwise I will have to bin MW!

Generally, I lose one email each time I receive a new batch of mails!

Kind regards
Martin
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Some of my mail gets over-written

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi there

Try going into Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> uncheck Store Cached Email >> Save >> restart MailWasher.

If the account is IMAP, then first change it to POP at the top, then you can uncheck the option above >> set back to IMAP >> Save.
Riftvalley
Student Sheep

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:00 am

Many thans Rusticdog,

I have done that and so far OK, however it is an intermittent issue so I will give it a few days and report on what happens.

Kind regards
Martin
Riftvalley
Student Sheep

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi Rustidog,

I have completed all that you suggested. However, this morning I opened Mailwasher and in the inbox pane I saw a very important message (classified good) from my bank. I clicked on the message it opened correctly for a few seconds (time enough to scan the words), then the message disappeared to be replaced by the email immediately above it on the Inbox pane. The importatnt message has now disappeared from the server!
This behaviour renders mailwasher worse than useless it is in fact dangerous as I could loose important messages from HMRC. UK.gov. the bank. my insurances, clients. I now have no faith in a program that I have relied upon for many years.
Besides uninstall Mailwasher I am at loss what to do next.
Thank you for your help so far.
Kind regards and hoping for a full solution.
Martin
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Can you send me some logs. Go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent, so I can check for their arrival.

Thanks

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”