filtered emails not shown

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jimmww
Student Sheep

filtered emails not shown

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:39 am

I get the ding of a received mail, but the count is not updated. The error log shows 1 (or more) mails have been filtered, but they're not in the recycle bin, nor in the inbox. I would like to know what those emails are. Where can I find them?
Jim
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: filtered emails not shown

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 am

The ding might be from the error, under Settings >> General >> Notifications >> there is an option there to ding on error, not just new mail.

If MailWasher was unable to retrieve the message it won't be shown. try clearing the list using C then Y on keyboard and Check Mail again.
Or just restart MailWasher.
jimmww
Student Sheep

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:13 pm

Thanks. There was the notification on error, which I've unchecked. But I did see a flash of increment in the mail count before reversion to the previous count. The error log says "Fetching mail was interrupted. 1 of 2 email messages were fetched." followed immediately by "Filtering mail successfully completed. 1 of 1 email messages were filtered." or "Filtering mail successfully completed. 2 of 2 email messages were filtered."
I'd like to know what was filtered, but there's no record. I haven't set or added any filters. I do have spamcop and spamhaus checked. And I have quite a few on the blacklist - but I'd still like to know what's being filtered.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:17 pm

OK sure, so it sounds like MW saw 2 messages, could only retrieve 1, it won't have removed the message though.

Has MailWasher been working OK prior ? You could go Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> uncheck the option to Use PIPELINING when Checking Mail >> Save. This setting has been known to correct problems when MailWasher is only retrieving one message at a time.

I would restart MW otherwise and see if the messages come in, or if the error repeats.
jimmww
Student Sheep

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks. I'll try that.
jimmww
Student Sheep

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Nope. I still get the "Fetching mail was interrupted. 1 of 2 email messages were fetched." followed by "Filtering mail successfully completed. 1 of 1 email messages were filtered" and preceded by "An unknown error has occurred. MailWasher is unable to determine the cause of this error.
Diagnosis: <EVENT><NAME>MWPEXCEPTION</NAME><ID>-796389273</ID><DT>4/22/2019 6:37:23 AM</DT><MWPEXCEPTION><UID>Exception 678304009</UID><AID> at MailWasherPro.MWPMainWindow.mailAPI_FetchMail(Object sender, FetchMailEventArgs e) at MailWasherPro.APIEvents.OnFetchEmail(Object sender, FetchMailEventArgs e) at MWP_API.MWPevents.TriggerOnFetchEmail(XmlDocument Xml)</AID><SOURCE>MailWasherPro</SOURCE><MESSAGE>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</MESSAGE><ADDTXT></ADDTXT></MWPEXCEPTION></EVENT>"

What's going on? How can I determine what's going on?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Check under Help >> About >> if you are using an older version than 7.12.1 then update via https://www.firetrust.com/products/mail ... o/download
It will install fine over the top.

If the version is up to date, try removing the account from MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> then restart MailWasher >> add the account back in.

It also may be a message that is causing MailWasher problems, you could have a look at your webmail to see the email and delete it from there if necessary (and assuming it's spam). If it's your same address you used for the forum, then a link to webmail is here http://www.hevanet.com/index.html

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”