Default Mail Check not working?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
epack
Active Albatross

Default Mail Check not working?

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:05 am

Due a problem (unrelated to MWP) with one of my gmail accounts, I unchecked the "include in default mail check" button. It works OK but is there a way to have it optionally NOT check a particular account *at all* on a manual check? Obviously once that account is working correctly again, I'd want it back in the fold. I know I can just remove it completely, but hoping for a simpler way. If not, feature suggestion?? :D

TIA
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
MWP 7.12.67 on Windows 10 Pro machines
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Default Mail Check not working?

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:15 am

There isn't a toggle to disable an account from checking. As a work around perhaps alter the username or server address in Incoming settings to be blank.

MailWasher won't let you wipe either of those to nothing and Save, instead you need delete out the field, then click on the inbox tab >> it will ask if you want to Save or Discard those settings >> select Save.

For example, if you remove the server address, save as above, the account will then show in the list as inactive as the settings are incomplete. You can force a check of the account, which produces an error, which may not be desirable, but if an account is in this inactive state it won't be checked by a default Check Mail, or a Check All.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”