Mailwasher no longer works as required.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
AnthonyJAttard
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher no longer works as required.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I have been using this program for many years and only recently has it failed to work as advertised. I have had no end of trouble both fetching mail and deleting email from my chosen accounts. I press the Wash mail button and nothing happens except an error is logged and I try again and it continues to fail. Then all of a sudden it works and then stops working. Also emails for GMail marked for deletion are still received.

I am tempted to uninstall and find an alternative that works or rely on Thundirbird only.

My mail accounts are Bigpond IMAP and GMail IMAP. They are correctly configured and I have no problems in Thundirbird or Outlook.

Description: An unknown error has occurred. MailWasher is unable to determine the cause of this error.

Diagnosis: <EVENT><NAME>MWPEXCEPTION</NAME><ID>76e41d5ac500896b5e2798ac8a18fad8</ID><DT>2019-06-20 13:59:35</DT><MWPEXCEPTION><UID>Exception 753294530021cfb7d0f68d5f5c8cfe0e</UID><AID>Acct-769446536</AID><SOURCE>MWP_POP3::GetUIDs()</SOURCE><MESSAGE>SocketException - GetLine failed() failed with code 0: The operation completed successfully.</MESSAGE><ADDXML><TYPE>IMAPUIDL</TYPE><HOST>imap.telstra.com</HOST><PORT>993</PORT><ACCOUNT_TEXT>attaant_bigpond_net_au</ACCOUNT_TEXT><ACCOUNT>Acct-769446536</ACCOUNT><USER>[removed]</USER><LOGINTYPE>2037280628</LOGINTYPE><SSLMODE>1</SSLMODE></ADDXML></MWPEXCEPTION><ORDINAL>0</ORDINAL></EVENT>

A refund would be acceptable if no working solution is forthcoming.
Last edited by rusticdog on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher no longer works as required.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:09 pm

For the BigPond account, go first into Settings >> Accounts >> select the Incoming Tab >> if Store Cached Emails is checked >> switch the account to POP at the top, uncheck the option, switch back to IMAP >> Save >> restart MailWasher.

If that doesn't help, or the account is still failing on Wash Mail, then under Settings >> Accounts >> remove the BigPond account >> restart MailWasher >> add the account back in.

Let us know how that goes.

For the GMail account, can you clarify on "Also emails for GMail marked for deletion are still received."
Do you mean emails you delete in MailWasher are still received by Outlook or ThunderBird ? Or do you mean emails you delete in Outlook/ThunderBird are still received into MailWasher ?

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”