(URGENT) The email account password is very easy to be read, in Mailwasher Pro v7.12.6

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
chiuspc
Student Sheep

Re: (URGENT) The email account password is very easy to be read, in Mailwasher Pro v7.12.6

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:08 am

rusticdog wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:23 pm
My understanding is that the installer is getting altered to give the optional password display.

I'm not sure on the domain aspect, however the programmers are working on version 8 right now, so I can't say when they might be done.
Today, I download the new version mailwasherPRO v7.12.38, but the email account password still can be viewed easily by pressing the EYE icon.
For this reason, I could not install mailwasherPRO ver 7 on another colleague's computer or let another person check and delete some mails for me. He/she will easily know all my email account passwords.

Please do consider to disable this function. With reference to your mailwahserPRO version 6, once you input the email account password on the setting, there is no EYE icon to show the password. This is for security. For example, on the outlook 2013/2016 or the iPhone, after you save the password, no one can view the email account's password.
chiuspc
Student Sheep

Re: (URGENT) The email account password is very easy to be read, in Mailwasher Pro v7.12.6

Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:58 am

rusticdog wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:22 pm
Hi there

If you install this version
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_10.exe

Then after install run the attached .REG file (within the ZIP), answer Yes to Import, and restart MW if required.
disable_password.zip
Hi!
I install the v7.12.54 in a Windows 10 desktop computer. The current log-in user only has the "power user" right for the desktop.
So, I log in the win10 with that power user name and password , then I installed the software with local administrator user name and password.
The installation was successful, and the mailwasherpro automatically detected the local outlook 2013 and copy the existing account username and password. But, the mailwasherpro v7 would not show up in the windows star menu, I think it is because the current login user only has the local "power user" right for local computer. So, I made a shortcut on the desktop for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firetrust\MailWasher\MailWasherPro.exe".
I ran the shortcut, and it worked fine.

Then, I run your provided program "disable_password.exe" with the local administrator right. the process went well. But, the password for the email account could not be hidden.
Only using the local administrator log in the computer. the password for the email account will be hidden.

Do you have any solution for this , so for the security reason ,the local power user log-in the computer, then he is not able to view the password which is set for the email account.
Regards,
Louis Chiu
chiuspc
Student Sheep

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:02 am

rusticdog wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:22 pm
Hi there

If you install this version
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_10.exe

Then after install run the attached .REG file (within the ZIP), answer Yes to Import, and restart MW if required.
disable_password.zip

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”