Recycle Bin Loses Color coding and Filter Status

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
rcstan
Mystified Moa

Recycle Bin Loses Color coding and Filter Status

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Wondering why some emails in the recycle bin show which filter caught the email and have the appropriate color coding and others do not? And why if I change the "Currently displaying" from Today to any other I lose all Filter status and color coding? How do I correct this?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Recycle Bin Loses Color coding and Filter Status

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Is Show All Email Logged checked, as I think that might work slightly differently and a logged email doesn't get that information stored, but a deleted email does.
rcstan
Mystified Moa

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:53 am

Show All Email Logged is not checked. It doesn't matter if they are Auto Deleted or washed from the inbox, when they first appear in the recycle bin they "usually" show the filter status and color but they will eventually lose it if I do any sorting or change the "currently displaying" menu. I refer to the recycle bin often to see which filters are catching the spam and it's frustrating when that info is not available. And, the spam tools side bar doesn't show it either.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:36 am

Odd.

MailWasher stores some of that information in the crypto folder under Help >> User Files >> Cache.
Do you have any clean-up software that might be deleting 'temporary' files, as in the past we've had issues with those deleting cache contents.
rcstan
Mystified Moa

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:57 am

Thank you. If I tried deleting all the contents of that "crypto" folder and starting over, would that make things better or worse?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:45 am

MailWasher also stores trained emails, so you would lose those as well. If that doesn't worry you about retraining good/spam, then you could. If you were to do that, restart MailWasher again so it has a open/exit routine to run through first.

You could also try emptying the Recycle Bin, restart MailWasher, see if a fresh start makes any difference.
rcstan
Mystified Moa

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:33 am

Well, I tried both emptying the recycle bin and restarting (no change) and deleting contents of the Crypto folder and restarting (also no change). I just want to confirm this is not common behavior. The deleted emails in the recycle bin should always retain their color coding and spam tool status regardless? If that is correct then something is obviously not working correctly. What can I do to escalate this to the next level?
Thank you very much for your help.

p.s In response to your earlier comment, I do not use any kind of "clean-up" software. Also, I tried sending support logs but got unknown error and couldn't send.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> there is an option to Move Deleted messages to another folder. If you disable that >> restart MailWasher >> delete a message and see if the same thing happens for the newly deleted email.

Also for the Hotmail and Mailbox accounts under Settings >> Accounts >> Outgoing >> Advanced >> set the SMTP Server Requires Authentication, using same as Incoming and Secure Connection to TLS.
rcstan
Mystified Moa

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:59 pm

That was the ticket. Thank you so much.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:25 pm

OK great, we'll add that to the fix list as well, it should still ideally retain that info.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”