Junk folder in Hotmail

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
fyshious
Mystified Moa

Junk folder in Hotmail

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Have been using MW Pro for a few weeks now and not sure if it's what I want or I'm not using it properly. I have a Hotmail (Outlook) account and receive nearly 200 spam emails each day into the Junk box. I have instructed Hotmail to put known good emails to the Inbox but sometimes I get an email that is unmarked that I want. The problem is that about half of the spam I have received is already blacklisted so it goes when MW checks mail but then leaves a pile of mail I still need to check and blacklist. The second problem is most of the spam comes from domains that use random addresses - aj7d8s.com or gh4j3.de or the like so blacklisting them seems to be worthless. What I need is something to get rid of the rubbish when I check my account and I do't have to blacklist another 60+ emails. I fit in the old fart '90's computer literate class so please go easy with the technicals.
Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Junk folder in Hotmail

Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Using the Learning/Classification is probably best, so just be sure your marking the emails thumbs up/down and correcting when needed.

Once MailWasher is accurately marking the emails as Spam/Good you can then look to enable auto-delete. That system doesn't care about the sending domains.

You can do that under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Spam Ratings >> I would start the auto-delete at around -120 and lower if necessary.
You can optionally set your Blacklist to automatically delete now under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Blacklist >> Options.
fyshious
Mystified Moa

Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Thanks for that. I already have the blacklist set for delete and have had the spam rating set at 120. Have lowered it to 100 now and will see how it goes.
fyshious
Mystified Moa

Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:51 pm

OK. Tried that. Have adjusted the spam rating over most of the scale and get the same results. Some emails I want or are not spam are being marked as so and quite a few of obvious spam is not being marked as such. I find I still need to go through all the emails to check so it is easier then to just delete the spam within Outlook rather than go through all the steps and waiting in MWP. I'm sorry but I don't think MWP is much good to me and I have cancelled my subscription.
fyshious
Mystified Moa

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Also MWP will occasionally leave a few of the Spam emails in the Outlook folder after a Wash and I need to delete them manually. Check mail won't find them although they are in the Outlook folder
Ratfancy
Student Sheep

Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:05 am

I have the same problem. Annoying.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:16 pm

Ratfancy wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:05 am
I have the same problem. Annoying.
If using IMAP in MailWasher, Settings >> Accounts >> select the IMAP tab >> select which folders you want to check, presumably you want to add the Junk and or Spam folders listed.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”