MW displays history of emails

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Gene2018
Student Sheep

MW displays history of emails

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:39 am

I Had a problem with my hard drive that caused me to have to reinstall MW and Thunderbird.

My old head had forgotten the settings apparently; some how I now see a history of good emails (after washing the bad) for today, yesterday, and this week. (Also this is after clicking "start mail program" and the emails have been received and viewed in Thunderbird.)

Is there a toggle for this that I inadvertently threw?

Any help with identifying a fix for this would be greatly appreciated by one old guy.

Thanks!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW displays history of emails

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:58 am

Hi there

In ThunderBird under Tools >> Account Settings >> select Server Settings for the account >> then on the right at the top, I'll assume it's a POP account >> so then uncheck the option 'Leave messages on server' >> click OK.
From that point on, when ThunderBird retrieves a message, it will then delete the copy on the server, and MailWasher will no longer see it next time it checks.

If however the account is IMAP, and not POP. Then this behaviour is unavoidable, as IMAP is a synchronised email system, where emails are left online.

One option, would be to be sure MailWasher is also using IMAP (Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming) as by default when using IMAP MailWasher will only load Inbox emails that are Unread, from the last 7 days. When you move a message from your ThunderBird Inbox to another folder, or delete the message, that would also remove it from MailWashers view.

Another option would be to remove the account from ThunderBird, set it up again as a POP account, then you can alter the setting mentioned above.
Gene2018
Student Sheep

Re: MW displays history of emails

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks very much for the excellent response. When I had set up my account the first choice was IMAP and since it made the connection I was satisfied. Didn't know about the difference.

Deleted it and setup as POP and the histories are gone!

Thank you!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”