MWP crashing on Windows 10

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
tjerin
Student Sheep

MWP crashing on Windows 10

Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:07 am

I have MWP PRO running on 2 laptops with the same license key. The MWP on my laptop is fine but the MWP on my wife's computer started running extremely slowly during mail checking and then crashing. I tried uninstall/reinstall but am having the same behavior.

My laptop is running WIndows 10 Home N, Version1909, OS Build 18363.657 but the "About" window is BLANK on my wife's laptop. Otherwise, they both should have the latest updates applied.

Any suggestions?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MWP crashing on Windows 10

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:55 pm

There is an issue where an email formatted a certain way can cause issue, so try this beta version first on the machine. It'll install fine over the top.
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_16.exe

Failing that, a .NET Repair. I am not convinced it will help, but as it only takes 10 minutes, worth a shot. You can download the repair utility here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135

Failing that it would be good to see logs. If MailWasher is stable enough, that is, you can press the STOP key to stop the checking and prevent the crash, then go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK.

Optionally, if MW is not stable enough. Then under C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\ will be a file called error.log >> that might detail why the crash, so send that to forum@firetrust.com
And there is the general logs under C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\logs, so if you are able to ZIP that whole logs folder and email to the same address above.

Thanks

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”