problems

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
TOAD110
Rattled Rabbit

problems

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi all
with this new update i have found a few problems can any one help. ??
1 after washing mail the ones i keep are not removed from mailwasher
and i have to go back to the program and tick them and delete them . ??

2 i get this error when trying to restore a message from the recycle bin
EXTERNAL COMPONENT HAS THROWN A EXCEPTION.???

any and all hell appreciated

regards toad
Bundaburra
Student Sheep

Re: problems

Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:16 pm

If your "good" emails are not being removed from MW after you do "Wash Mail", there are two possibilities:
(1) The MW screen is not automatically refreshed, so what was displayed before will still be there. Doing another "Check Mail" should refresh.
(2) If that doesn't fix it, it probably means the messages are being left on your ISP's server. Deleting them from there is not a function of MW; it is a setting in your email program. In Outlook, for instance, go to File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. Then for each email account (if you have more than one) select it and click on "Change". Clear the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on the server".
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:47 pm

As above, it sounds like your email program is leaving emails on the server, or it's setup as IMAP, which leaves all emails on the server as a designed behaviour. What email program are you using ?

For the crashing. Can you first try this version http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_23.exe which is our latest beta, and see if that still crashes for you.

Thanks
TOAD110
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:11 pm

thanks very much that was the problem all sorted . now if i can get the un delete working on the recycle all will be back to normal
TOAD110
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:13 pm

i use mozila thunder bird
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Great. First try that new version I posted, if it gives you the same problem restoring a deleted email, then try sending me some logs.

To do that go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum' in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> then reply back here once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”