Failed to log into POP3 server

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
dcloud
Rattled Rabbit

Failed to log into POP3 server

Tue May 12, 2020 10:13 am

I have a Windows Live Mail and a Yahoo Mail Plus account. When I installed MailWasher Pro 7.12.29 (trial) I let the program import the mail settings. I checked the settings - server type, POP3 & SMTP addresses, ports, etc - and they agreed with the settings I have in the e-mail clients. I receive e-mails if I go directly to the mail programs but when I use MailWasher Pro I get "Failed to log into POP3 server" for the Yahoo Mail address. I tried different server port numbers but I still get the same message. I deleted that account and added it back with the same result. Any thoughts? Thank you. (On a side note - I appreciate a company that lets you try their software before buying. If I had purchased the program first I would be much more annoyed.)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Failed to log into POP3 server

Tue May 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi there

If you use the eye icon next to your password in MailWasher, had it imported the correct password ? It's possible it might have imported a password from an older setup.
dcloud
Rattled Rabbit

Sat May 16, 2020 7:49 am

rusticdog - thank you for responding so quickly. I got all excited for a second. I tried your suggestion but my password (and all other settings) match what is on my e-mail settings. I will attack the problem more seriously next weekend when I have some time off.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 16, 2020 11:27 am

OK sure thing.
Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> is Use OAUTH checked ? Try changing that and see if MailWasher then checks the account.
Using OAUTH means the first time MailWasher checks it will popup an extra window requiring you to give MailWasher access to the Yahoo account.
dcloud
Rattled Rabbit

Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 am

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately they did not help. While checking the Forum topics for anything that sounded similar I found a posting from someone who suggested a setting I could change in Yahoo Mail Pro. I did that and MailWasher Pro has worked properly the two times I tried it since then. I have high hopes at this time. Thank you again for helping.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”