Mailwasher Keeps Showing Old Mail from Server

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jsaffer
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher Keeps Showing Old Mail from Server

Sat May 23, 2020 3:59 am

I recently moved to an e-mail hosting service that designates my e-mail address as an IMAP account, and not a POP account. Even when I retrieve my e-mails onto my computer's mail program, the e-mails now stay on the e-mail host server -- and these e-mails still keep showing up in the Mailwasher Pro window. Is there a way for me to configure Mailwasher so that old e-mails that I've previously downloaded onto my computer, but which now still remain on the server, won't keep showing up in the Mailwasher window? I'm hope I'm being clear with my question.

My previous e-mail hosting service seemed to keep my old e-mails on their server, but these old e-mails would not show up in my MW window, which is how I like it. But once I've switched to the new e-mail hosting service, MW is showing all the e-mails still on the server, whether or not I've downloaded e-mail messages onto my computer's mail program.

Thanks very much. By the way, I'm using MW version 6.5.4. It might be that a newer version has a setting that 6.5.4 doesn't have.

Jason
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher Keeps Showing Old Mail from Server

Sat May 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi Jason

MailWasher 6 does not have any nice features for IMAP. In the new MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> you can set MailWasher (if also using IMAP) to only retrieve emails that are flagged Unread in the Inbox folder, and also to only retrieve emails from a set time frame. e.g. Last 7 days.

Might be worth giving the new version a run, it has a 30 day trial. Or if just one email account the free version would suit https://www.mailwasher.net/
Also with any IMAP, MailWasher will check the INBOX folder, so moving messages from that folder to a subfolder in your email client will also remove it from MailWashers view.

Lastly, I'd be surprised if your host doesn't support POP as well, I expect they recommend IMAP. If you want me to check you can email me at forum@firetrust.com
If it's for the domain you signed up to the forum, I can connect to the server using POP.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”