Duplicate entries

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Duplicate entries

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:36 am

Could you clarify the IMAP error you received. Was it "Cannot connect to server" or did the error contain the word folder as you mentioned earlier.

I can connect to your CW server using IMAP. So I'm not sure why you got an error.
Is there an AntiVirus program installed that has an email scanner component ?
szib9
Student Sheep

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm

I just tried it again and no error occurred, so I don't know what happened before. I'll keep watching this and be back in touch if the problem persists and doing the POP/IMAP tango doesn't fix it.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:23 pm

You might find too just using IMAP works. The difference with IMAP is by default MailWasher only loads emails in the Inbox folder that are Unread, and from the last 7 days. Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> you can change those behaviours for IMAP accounts.
spunkymanker
Student Sheep

Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:02 am

I'm having exactly the same issue. I'm using 7.12.38. It's been getting worse lately as well. I have two IMAP accounts, and I will get two or three copies of the same email header. If I click on the email, it looks identical. If I choose 'view in html', or scroll down far enough to make it download the entire email, one of the duplicates will be the right email, and the others will be something else - usually spam.
Was there ever a solution found for this? I can provide logs or any information that might help. This has been an issue for me for years, and I finally am tired of accidentally deleting good emails, and not deleting spam.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:46 am

spunkymanker wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:02 am
I'm having exactly the same issue. I'm using 7.12.38. It's been getting worse lately as well. I have two IMAP accounts, and I will get two or three copies of the same email header. If I click on the email, it looks identical. If I choose 'view in html', or scroll down far enough to make it download the entire email, one of the duplicates will be the right email, and the others will be something else - usually spam.
Was there ever a solution found for this? I can provide logs or any information that might help. This has been an issue for me for years, and I finally am tired of accidentally deleting good emails, and not deleting spam.
Try disabling Fast Startup and if laptop Hybrid Sleep.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/suppo ... ation-793/

Ignore the first steps about disabling regular Sleep and Hibernation, those should be kept. Is just disabling Windows holding extra in memory when entering those states.

I assume too the Store Cached Emails is unchecked ? If not under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> change to POP >> uncheck Store Cached Email >> back to IMAP >> Save.

There is a slightly newer beta, though it just has some crash fixes and a problem with Classify column
That will install fine over the top
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_39.exe
spunkymanker
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:55 am

This is a desktop, and I have hibernate and sleep turned off entirely, so no fast startup.
store cached emails was already unchecked for both of my accounts.

I'll test the beta.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:11 am

Sorry I wasn't very clear, Fast Startup can still be enabled on desktops.

To disable Fast Startup:

Open up Power Options in the Control Panel. In Windows 10 you can get there from right clicking on the start menu and going to Power Options
Once there, on the left hand side, click "Choose what the power buttons do"
Click "change settings that are currently unavailable" up at the top
Down below under the "Shutdown Settings" section you will see "Fast Startup" check-boxed. Uncheck the box
Click OK
spunkymanker
Student Sheep

Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:51 am

Fast startup is now definitely off. Still having the same issue. Not every day, but still fairly frequently. The 'duplicate' email is usually copied from an unread 'good' email, though I don't comb through spam for duplicates.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:54 pm

There is a newer beta http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_41.exe
That will install fine over the top.

I'm struggling to reproduce the issue now, which is annoying. The Store Cached Email option was unchecked as well right ? (Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming)
spunkymanker
Student Sheep

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:49 am

Yes, it is unchecked for both accounts. I'm testing with the new beta now.
spunkymanker
Student Sheep

Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:32 am

Still the same problem using the beta. If anything, it's worse.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Can I get some fresh logs please.

Go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum - spunkymanker' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK.

Cheers
spunkymanker
Student Sheep

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:49 am

Logs have been sent.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Didn't arrive, but that's OK.
Instead go Help >> User Files >> there will be a file called autosupport.eml >> if you can send me that file to forum@firetrust.com

Cheers
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:43 pm

No, nevermind, they did arrive, I'm just blind.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”