Feature Request: Auto 'hold' Inbox item

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Jimbo007
It begins with a single step

Feature Request: Auto 'hold' Inbox item

Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 am

With the advent of Covid-19 and Zoom's escalating use I get a number of invitations to meetings in the MW Inbox that I don't want to delete. I use a number of different computers for my online meetings and want to 'hold' the invitation in the Inbox so I can log into my Web-based mail server to get the link on any computer I happen to be on. For this to work I have to 'remember' not to delete that particular email before the meeting.

I'm pretty good at remembering this but have on occasion deleted an invite prior to the meeting. I know I can go into the recycle bin to retrieve it but then I have to remember when the meeting is so I don't miss it and the who it came from.

It would be so much easier if I could put a 'hold' on any message and then release it when no longer needed.

Thanks for your consideration - jim
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Feature Request: Auto 'hold' Inbox item

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:23 pm

I'm not 100% sure just how we might go about that, would need some thought.

In the meantime, I would look at the Custom Filters.
If you created a Custom Filter that tagged these Zoom messages (but still considering them good, not spam), you can then have a specific label/colour show in MailWasher under the Status column. This would make the messages stick out a lot more, and be less likely to delete by accident.

You could optionally set the Custom Filter to also Hide the email. When emails are hidden an icon appears near the bottom right, allowing a quick show/hide toggle of these emails. Having them out of view would also prevent the deletion, though you'd need to remember to toggle the option back to see the messages.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”