Blacklists

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
DannyBoy1951
Rattled Rabbit

Blacklists

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Have encountered a very persistent spammer who "needs more grease" (chuckle). Would like to employ any/several/etc blacklists in my fight with this idiot. So . . .
a) where can I find these things?
b) how do I EMPLOY them in conjunction with Mail Washer Pro?
c) how can I ascertain WHO the ISP is so that I can notify them?
d) thanks in advance for your help!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Blacklists

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:15 pm

When you say blacklists you mean you want to blacklist the address(es) in MailWasher ?
Those are under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Blacklist. I suspect though the domain/addresses are constantly changing.

I think it sounds more like you want to look at the DNSBL blacklists. You could try using those in MailWasher under >> Settings >> General >> Origin of Spam >> both the SpamCop and SpamHaus blacklists are good.

In terms of notification, I would again look at SpamCop but to report the spam to them. They have a great system that looks at the email, determines who needs to be notified etc..
https://www.spamcop.net/ you need a SpamCop account.
They will provide you with a unique email address to report spam to.
In MailWasher under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Spam Reporting >> you can edit the existing SpamCop entry (pretty sure there will be one) and se the EMAIL TO, to be the special email address SpamCop provides.
Also under Settings >> Display >> Inbox >> select to the have the Reporting column showing. This will allow you to click and report the spam emails to the relevant service.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Blacklists

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:16 pm

A very long winded thread about SpamCop setting up etc is here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10200

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”