List Scrolling / Marking / Selecting

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
bubbismith
Student Sheep

List Scrolling / Marking / Selecting

Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:16 am

Sorry, I posted a half-hearted message regards scrolling on another thread, and thanks RusticDog for responding to my incomplete explanation.

So, what I meant to say is, in MW6 I was able to click on the list then SHIFT-DownArrow (or UpArrow) and it would (in addition) select that next email in the list - AND - display that new selected email in the preview window. In MW7 Shift-DnArrow (or UpArrow), still selects the next email as expected, but the display in the preview does not update.

So, I have a bunch of 'good' emails left over after MW does it's thing excellently, but then I want to go thru the good emails and scrolling while selecting them (Shift-DownArrow), I see the preview and can make a better decision to delete or not. Once I've selected say several, then find a good one, I could check delete (or "D" hotkey) all those selected and then skip over that one, and mark the next ones in the same way.

My work around is marking all the left over good emails for deletion and then scrolling thru and unmarking the ones I want to keep. It's not bad, but I liked the way MW6 worked better.

I hope that explains it... Cheers.

Thanks very much.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: List Scrolling / Marking / Selecting

Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:32 pm

Great, thanks for clearing that up. Will add this to the list and we'll get that changed in a later version to work as you describe.

Cheers
bubbismith
Student Sheep

Re: List Scrolling / Marking / Selecting

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks very much for that.

BTW: Have you noticed the "View in HTML" button is in the wrong place!

:P

Actually because it scrolls with the text, it could be up on the bar with "Show Evaluation", Previous, etc. It would be better if it was stationary like the resulting "Plain Text" button. The reason to view in HTML is usually because when scrolling the text version one can't find the element we are looking for, like a "View on Web" link. So, when we scroll down looking for that, when we can't find it, instead of a quick click on that button, we have to scroll all the way up to find it.

Thanks again.

Bubs...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”