SPF And DKIM?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
HikariWS
Student Sheep

SPF And DKIM?

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:16 am

Hello.

I have a few registered domains that I use with email. My host spam filters are disabled, as I use MailWasher to handle spam.

One of my emails is owned by spam, I receive tens of spam every day on it. I noticed I receive some reasonable amount of emails on it from itself, clearly spammer wanna use it to bypass spam filters.

Is MailWasher able to identify that/if my domain has SPF and DKIM configured, which would automatically mark these emails are spam?

That would also help a lot on other domains that also have them configured, as all those spam would also be marked so too.
HikariWS
Student Sheep

Re: SPF And DKIM?

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:31 am

Indeed, there are some ISP domains and big domains like gmail that are being listed not as spam or blacklisted, so MailWasher isn't using SPF or DKIM to automatically identify spam.

Are they supported?

It'd help *a lot* if MailWasher automatically mark for delete all emails from domains that use SPF and are coming from not allowed IPs.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:43 pm

Yeap, will see about adding this to the list, though it might be some time as the programmers are pretty backlogged at present.
HikariWS
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 am

Tnx, I guess there isn't a public roadmap we can follow?

I had never payed attention to these features, but now that I missed them I see how they are important. I had blacklisted a ton of domains, that for sure are used by spammers without their owners consent, that with these features could be immediately sent for deletion.

Maybe they could have their own status to highlight why they are marked for deletion.
HikariWS
Student Sheep

Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Since I'm making the suggestion, I'd include that it'd help a lot on mass spam evaluation to have this info on a column. Then we could load thousands of emails and have them marked as known spam from SPF and DKIM, probable not spam from them, and them not enabled on the domain. Then we can just delete known spams then evaluate the other 2 cases separately.

It'd be nice to have the same for Origin of Spam and FirstAlert.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Yup no worries, will include those details on the list.

Cheers
HikariWS
Student Sheep

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:12 am

My description is too bad written. The possibilities would be:

* domain set with SPF or DKIM and proved spam by them
* domain set with SPF or DKIM and they report email was sent by domain's host, still maybe domain owner is allowing spam to pass by or is a spammer
* both SPF and DKIM are not set for that domain

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”