Replying to MW7 previewed emails with Outlook

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
ahayes
Mystified Moa

Replying to MW7 previewed emails with Outlook

Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:31 am

Outlook replies from Mailwasher don't use prescribed stationery fonts.
I have about 10 different email addresses that I use for various business and personal and community purposes and my Outlook 2010 program has about 200 rules that sort incoming emails into folders, sometimes never to be seen again.
One of the big plusses of Mailwasher for me is that I can reply to emails from Mailwasher before downloading into Outlook, to make sure I reply important messages before the downloaded mail disappears into a folder somewhere in Outlook and forgotten about.
Due to my business branding I have a preferred font set up in Outlook "Stationery" settings that I use when sending out emails. Whenever I create a new email or reply to a downloaded email within Outlook the message is automatically set up with my prescribed font.
However when I preview an email in MW7 and click reply, the Outlook message box that opens is set with the default Office font which is Times New Roman and I have to spend time adjusting the font settings before I can start typing - then of course if the cursor skips a line or character space the font reverts to default again and more time is wasted resetting the font again. Resetting font takes only a few seconds but by the time this happens 50 times a day I figured I would be better off investing some time in writing this post to see if anybody knows of any tweak that can get my Outlook 2010 replies direct from Mailwasher to automatically use my prescribed stationery font. Contributions welcome. AARON
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Replying to MW7 previewed emails with Outlook

Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi there

This sounds like the same issue as posted here, seems to be there is a mailto: font setting as well. The mailto: command is the one MailWasher uses.
Though it's for Outlook 2016, I expect the same applies
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mso ... 8034b80464
ahayes
Mystified Moa

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:58 pm

this fix did not work for me. I changed the font for composing and reading plain text messages in Outlook Personal Stationery options to Calibri but messages replied to from Mailwasher are still starting up in the MS Word default font Times Roman. i considered changing the Word default font to Calibri but I figure this will also change the Normal Template which may impact on other files.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:11 pm

Damn, I would have expected that to work, did you restart Outlook since making the change ?

If you go here, and click on one of the email addresses to create a new message to that address, does it use the Calibri or New Times Roman for the message ?
ahayes
Mystified Moa

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:50 am

Go where?
And no I did not restart - good suggestion.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:53 am

Ah yes, forgot the link https://www.firetrust.com/company

Clicking on an email address there will create a message to that address, it uses the same mailto: command that MailWasher uses to create the Quick Reply.
Just want to be sure clicking those creates the email with the wrong font also.
ahayes
Mystified Moa

Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:10 am

No it does not generate the same effect. Clicking on the mailto: link in the web page creates a new email message using my primary email identity with default signature and when I start typing the letters are in the prescribed stationery font (Calibri) - all good.
But when I click the Reply icon on any email header in my Mailwasher inbox, regardless of which email identity the email came in under (I have several), the message reply also starts up with my primary email identity but does not include the default signature and does not start typing with the stationery font - it defaults to Times New Roman.
I have not been able to restart Outlook yet as I have a lot of messages and replies open on my desktop at the moment - am half way through a number of jobs and don't want to risk losing my work (unfinished messages are supposed to be saved in Drafts folders BUT it does not always work if the workspace is unstable - I have a huge number of pst folders and hundreds of sorting rules - so I will have to wait till i finish off a few jobs and clean up my workspace before I can restart.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:17 pm

OK no problems. So it seems to be when mailto: is used and also is set to include body text that this happens. Fingers crossed on the restart.
ahayes
Mystified Moa

Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Having done a full system restart and program restart the problem persists !
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:34 am

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about this.

The issue does lie with Outlook, I can reproduce the same, and I found this comment that mailto: links bypass stationery entirely.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mso ... 96118fef24

What's odd is that defaulting to New Times Roman makes me think it's somehow tied into Word.
This link has details on changing the fallback font within Word, and I wonder if that will have a flow on effect.
https://www.msoutlook.info/question/521
ahayes
Mystified Moa

Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Changing the default font in Word has solved the problem partly although the default font selection in the registry does not allow specifying the font colour. However it's probably the best outcome I can hope for.
ahayes
Mystified Moa

Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:57 pm

changing the Web Font setting in Word as per https://www.msoutlook.info/question/521 is the best fix available for changing the default font for replying in Outlook directly from Mailwasher preview, but you still have to manually change the font colour each time.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”