MW destroyed my inbox layout!!

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Equisetum
Rattled Rabbit

MW destroyed my inbox layout!!

Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:51 pm

OK, here's the deal. I woke my Win 7 Ultimate desktop computer from sleep and got a phone call and didn't put in my password soon enough to suit MW 7_12_49 and when I did get to my desktop MW had a glaring announcement that it had crashed for an unknown reason and in addition to a bunch of stuff I don't as a MW user for decades need to watch or read stuffed in my face, my inbox is now a complete mess. Mailwasher hasn't a clue as to what I need to see and how I want to see it!

1. Is there any way to tell MW to keep its shirt on and not assume it's crashed should I not input my pw fast enough when waking or turning on the computer? Evidently the check starts before I'm logged in. No power outage or anything, I was right here looking at the screen.

2. Failing that, is there any way to save my inbox layout (other than a screenshot -- after years and years of using MW without anything like this happening taking a screenshot of my layout would be the LAST thing I'd think to do-- until now--)? Is there an .ini file or equivalent that I can find and copy and put back next time?

TIA--
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW destroyed my inbox layout!!

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:38 pm

I'd be keen to get some logs from this, sounds quite odd and MailWasher shouldn't crash in that situation.
If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief description like 'as per forum' >> Send Logs.

For the file(s) that got damaged, they can be found under Help >> User Files.
startup,xml contains the columns to display and in what order, which sounds like the one effected.
There is also a display.xml that contains some UI related things.

Optionally if you go File >> Export >> give the file a name and save location >> that will create a .MWP file that can be run to restore all settings back to they were at the time of export.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”