Getting stuck on "evaluating message"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
hemulen
Rattled Rabbit

Getting stuck on "evaluating message"

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:52 am

I'm running 7.12.49.

Currently it keeps getting stuck on evaluating messages, and I have to exit and restart for it to pick up new messages. Also it's not remembering if emails are friends or not (well it remembers some but not others) even if I flag them as friends when I restart it has forgotten again.

Even if I click "Stop" next to the "evaluating message" it doesn't stop.

error.log says:

12/12/2020 00:02:35 ERROR: API is null - Message not logged=MailWasher Closed

up to today:

04/01/2021 01:12:09 ERROR: API is null - Message not logged=MailWasher Closed

Is this a bug in 7.12.49 or do I have something corrupted?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Getting stuck on "evaluating message"

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:05 am

Try first going into Settings >> Accounts >> select the Incoming tab >> if the account is type POP at the top click Advanced >> uncheck Use PIPELINING when Checking Mail >> Save.

Failing that, try sending me some logs. To do that go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'stuck checking' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK.

Cheers
hemulen
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:27 am

Ok, I checked all accounts, none had Pipelining checked.

Logs sent.

thanks!

EDIT: I noticed that when I sent the logs, in the "Send using account" drop down only one of my email addresses is there, and it's not either of my primary email addresses. So I'm not sure if that will work or not.
EDITEDIT: I checked and that mail address does work.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:35 am

Great thanks, received all OK.

First try under Settings >> Accounts >> uncheck Store Cached Emails >> Save. Do this for all accounts, restart MailWasher and see if it comes back to life.

If not, then Settings >> Accounts >> remove the glorantha account (make a note of settings under Incoming tab if needed) >> restart MailWasher >> add the account back.

Hopefully that gives it a kick, the errors aren't telling me much about why it's failing, just 'unknown error'.
hemulen
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:47 am

rusticdog wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:35 am
Great thanks, received all OK.

First try under Settings >> Accounts >> uncheck Store Cached Emails >> Save. Do this for all accounts, restart MailWasher and see if it comes back to life.

If not, then Settings >> Accounts >> remove the glorantha account (make a note of settings under Incoming tab if needed) >> restart MailWasher >> add the account back.

Hopefully that gives it a kick, the errors aren't telling me much about why it's failing, just 'unknown error'.
Ok, I tried the first option and that seems to have worked, all mails are now marked as Friend or not correctly and it seems to evaluate properly.

I also noticed earlier that when I started MW it was saying 350+ emails but when it completed it was only saying approx 220, but the total seems to be correct now.

Should I reinstate the "Store Cached emails" or leave it unchecked?

I'll leave it for a while anyway and see if it continues to behave. It only really started doing this from Dec 12th onwards, although I did notice before that that it used to sometimes take a long time to finish evaluating on the last email.

Great - many thanks, hopefully this has fixed it.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:52 am

Leave it unchecked, you likely won't notice much difference and if it was the cause the issue could return.

Fingers crossed it's all good now.
hemulen
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:01 am

Ok will do. Thanks again.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”