DELETING GROUPS OF EMAIL

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Phuztone
Student Sheep

DELETING GROUPS OF EMAIL

Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:12 am

This has stopped working for me. Anyway to get it started again? Thanks! :cry
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: DELETING GROUPS OF EMAIL

Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi there

I've moved this into it's own post, as the one you replied to was pretty old.
What version of MailWasher are you using (under Help >> About)

Also does selecting multiple messages fail if you hold either SHIFT to select a group, or CTRL to select multiple individual messages ?

Probably a long shot, but if you restart the machine, are you then able to select multiple messages ?
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:17 am

rusticdog wrote: Hi there

I've moved this into it's own post, as the one you replied to was pretty old.
What version of MailWasher are you using (under Help >> About)

Also does selecting multiple messages fail if you hold either SHIFT to select a group, or CTRL to select multiple individual messages ?
This used to work fine, now it is only intermittent. It doesn't work when I first open MW, but it eventually will start. It didn't do that before, it was always working.

Probably a long shot, but if you restart the machine, are you then able to select multiple messages ?
It works pretty much the way the above works.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:47 am

OK sure thing.

Try first a .NET Repair https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135
Takes around 10 minutes, reboot the machine afterwards.
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:15 am

rusticdog wrote: OK sure thing.

Try first a .NET Repair https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135
Takes around 10 minutes, reboot the machine afterwards.
Ok, after doing this & restarting my PC, didn't correct the problem. What's next?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:24 pm

Odd.
Be worth a check here http://en.key-test.ru/ to see if any keys are being held down, that might prevent the message selection. If you have a stuck key it will show up straight away.

Failing that, could try an uninstall >> keep data files when prompted >> then reinstall http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_54.exe
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:41 am

I have tried all of these but nothing works. It appears that it happens mostly to my main email account at Comcast. Has anyone else had this happen on a particular email account host?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:09 pm

Phuztone wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:41 am
I have tried all of these but nothing works. It appears that it happens mostly to my main email account at Comcast. Has anyone else had this happen on a particular email account host?
I haven't heard of that before.

Does it select multiple messages if you hold down SHIFT and use the arrow keys to select messages up/down ?

I assume too this works fine in your email program ?
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:02 pm

Well it's me again, & I'm still having problems deleting email thru MW! Lately I am having to delete email in MW, then I will delete it again, & then I will check mail. Most of the time it will download the same emails I marked for deletion AND those that were automatically marked. Eventually I have to go to my email account at the service supplier & all the emails are still in my mailbox...mail I had marked for deletion AND the spam. If I'm going to have to do that I don't have any use for MW (a lot more work for me. Any more suggestions?? Thanks!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:22 pm

Phuztone wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:02 pm
Well it's me again, & I'm still having problems deleting email thru MW! Lately I am having to delete email in MW, then I will delete it again, & then I will check mail. Most of the time it will download the same emails I marked for deletion AND those that were automatically marked. Eventually I have to go to my email account at the service supplier & all the emails are still in my mailbox...mail I had marked for deletion AND the spam. If I'm going to have to do that I don't have any use for MW (a lot more work for me. Any more suggestions?? Thanks!
Can you send me some logs.
First, bring some messages into MailWasher >> delete some (even a couple of test emails sent to yourself be fine) >> do a Check Mail again >> then go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum Phuztone ' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK.

Cheers
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:17 am

I just sent the logs!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Phuztone wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:17 am
I just sent the logs!
OK, they didn't arrive in my account, so can you go into Help >> User Files >> there will be a file called autosupport.eml >> if you could send me that to forum@firetrust.com

Cheers
robertojonsan1
It begins with a single step

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:59 am

I have attempted tahese however nothing works. Apparently it happens generally to my fundamental email account at Comcast. Has any other individual had this occur on a specific email account have? web link - > https://keyboardtestt.com/
Last edited by robertojonsan1 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexis90
Mystified Moa

Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:56 am

I faced something similar with my Gmail account a while back, but it was fixed for me with the latest update somehow.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”