Disallowed Words Filter vs Friends list

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
lars.nilsson
Mystified Moa

Disallowed Words Filter vs Friends list

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 am

I have started to test the functionality of Disallowed Words, to reduce the currently huge amount of spam.
I wonder, is there a way of making the Friends List take precedence over the filter?
As it is now, sometimes a mail from someone on my Friends list gets flagged as Disallowed due to a word in the mail.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Disallowed Words Filter vs Friends list

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:02 pm

This is for the profanity list ? This won't tag emails as spam, instead optionally changes the words/blurs them out.

Under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Profanity List >> Options >> you can set it not to alter the Status, so it keeps it's originally intended classification.
lars.nilsson
Mystified Moa

Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:31 pm

No, it is not the Profanity List, it is the filter Disallowed Words. I want the Friends List to take precedence over the filter, so that any mails from friends do not get flagged as Disallowed, regardless of what they write.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:06 pm

OK sure thing.

If you create a new filter, beside Add Rule click the drop down and select Spam Tool Rule >> set the rule to match sender being on your Friends List >> make sure the filter is set to the Good type >> Save >> then move this filter to the top, or at least above your Disallowed Words filter. Once a filter is matched it kicks out and won't check filters below that.

If you have other filters you do want checked on Friends List senders, they would need to be above the newly created filter.
lars.nilsson
Mystified Moa

Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:54 pm

Thanks, that was helpful.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”