Multiple error issues

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
User avatar
tapper62
Travelling Tuatara
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

Multiple error issues

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:35 am

Hi. Finally got so bad thought would ask for help if anyone can please.

Version 7.12.49 (pro) and I've been a MW user for many, many years.

Problem 1, is somehow some of my "friends" list emails, which get daily are coming in not tagged as friends any longer and have to reapply. This has happened 3-4 times since updating to latest version.

Worst issue and why am posting for help, is MW is hanging, as in looking for mail. Sometimes I'll open it and it will have been doing it for 20 minutes.. sometimes 45 or so.

Is the answer reinstall? Way to fix without? Rusticdog helped me once on licensing after had issue reinstalling, so wary of uninstalling and trying to reinstall, lifetime license and all.

Thanks.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 15435
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Multiple error issues

Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:25 pm

Try this beta, just install over the top.
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_53.exe

It has some fixes relevant to MailWasher hanging on certain emails, and will hopefully solve the problem.
With the Friends List entries removing, under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Friendslist >> Options >> be sure the options are unchecked to expire old listings.
User avatar
tapper62
Travelling Tuatara
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:05 pm

Both answers seem to have done it Rusticdog. will giveseveral days for full tell-all, but after several hours? no hangups, which is great.

Thanks for the wonderful job and of course.. Software MW is.
mike_in_texas
Rattled Rabbit
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:44 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:03 pm

I was having this same issue; MWPro was hanging while trying to log in to one of my accounts to retrieve mail. At one point, it displayed an "Out of Memory" notice.

I installed the beta 7.12.53 and am continuing to have the occasional hanging issue. I have to force close the program.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 15435
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Multiple error issues

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:10 pm

mike_in_texas wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:03 pm
I was having this same issue; MWPro was hanging while trying to log in to one of my accounts to retrieve mail. At one point, it displayed an "Out of Memory" notice.

I installed the beta 7.12.53 and am continuing to have the occasional hanging issue. I have to force close the program.
OK, try first a .NET Repair, takes around 10 minutes
https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135

If that still fails, can you send me some logs. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'MW hanging, as per forum' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent so I can confirm the logs arrived all OK.

Cheers
User avatar
tapper62
Travelling Tuatara
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:20 am

Things seem fine after couple of days and 2 fixes you suggested Rusticdog. Thanks (as always) for all of the outstanding help.

Cheers
User avatar
tapper62
Travelling Tuatara
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:37 am

Spoke to soon.. Like my own kiss of death for being happy thinking all was well.. Everything back to way it was now.. Friends now show in "white" across Inbox tab, when r/clicked to add friends again, didn't even show as friends, or anything for that matter. just remained blank, tho did turn from white to green bar.

When looked, had been checking for like 35 minutes that time, before exiting MWPro and restarting. I did try that little .Net fix mentioned above for the other member. Anything to fix this help wise would be greatly appreciated.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 15435
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Multiple error issues

Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm

tapper62 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:37 am
Spoke to soon.. Like my own kiss of death for being happy thinking all was well.. Everything back to way it was now.. Friends now show in "white" across Inbox tab, when r/clicked to add friends again, didn't even show as friends, or anything for that matter. just remained blank, tho did turn from white to green bar.

When looked, had been checking for like 35 minutes that time, before exiting MWPro and restarting. I did try that little .Net fix mentioned above for the other member. Anything to fix this help wise would be greatly appreciated.
Can you send me some logs.
Go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'tapper62' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent so I can confirm the logs arrived all OK.

Are you running any clean-up software like AVG Autotune or Avast Cleanup etc...
User avatar
tapper62
Travelling Tuatara
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Thanks. Logs sent. Using CCleaner and A/system care pro from iobit. Used all for years.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 15435
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Multiple error issues

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks got them all OK, but unfortunately the log system only sends the current days logs and the problems you describe happened the day before.
Are you able to go into Help >> User Files >> Logs >> could you ZIP and email me folder for the 16th Feb to forum@firetrust.com

Many thanks
User avatar
tapper62
Travelling Tuatara
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Love to, but only see a folder for 2/17 :( Guess this mean need to send it when have the crash next?
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 15435
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Multiple error issues

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:24 pm

tapper62 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:20 pm
Love to, but only see a folder for 2/17 :( Guess this mean need to send it when have the crash next?
I suspect that's from Advanced System Care. MailWasher stores a rolling 3 days of logs.

Does it have a config option where you can tell it to ignore MailWasher or specifically C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher ?
mike_in_texas
Rattled Rabbit
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:44 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:26 pm

rusticdog wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:10 pm
mike_in_texas wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:03 pm
I was having this same issue; MWPro was hanging while trying to log in to one of my accounts to retrieve mail. At one point, it displayed an "Out of Memory" notice.

I installed the beta 7.12.53 and am continuing to have the occasional hanging issue. I have to force close the program.
OK, try first a .NET Repair, takes around 10 minutes
https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135

If that still fails, can you send me some logs. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'MW hanging, as per forum' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back here once sent so I can confirm the logs arrived all OK.

Cheers
MWPro just crashed after being hung again so I sent you the logs, Chris. I had not yet tried the .NET repair you suggested but will do so and see if the hang continues...

Mike
User avatar
tapper62
Travelling Tuatara
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

Re: Multiple error issues

Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:21 am

Thanks. I did what u suggested after made the post here with ASC. Hadn't had crash issues before and ur post, then dawned on me just had an update for ASC.. Hmmm Maybe it was the culprit when cleaning all along.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 15435
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Multiple error issues

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:53 pm

mike_in_texas wrote: MWPro just crashed after being hung again so I sent you the logs, Chris. I had not yet tried the .NET repair you suggested but will do so and see if the hang continues...

Mike
Thanks Mike.
As well as the .NET Repair I would also see if your graphics drivers need an update, looking at that crash it seems to be related to an image loading.
If you aren't sure how to go about that, feel free to email me at forum@firetrust.com

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”