Checking for null value in header?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
epack
Active Albatross

Checking for null value in header?

Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:57 am

MWP 7.12.54. It's not all that unusual now and then to show a couple of saved but unsent draft msgs in my incoming mail grid that get pulled in on a mail sweep, but I'd like to add a filter so that these are sorted out etc the same as any other incoming. I currently have as the very LAST filter one that checks only for any header to contain a @ as a catch all so I can add a new one if necessary, and it works fine, but what I want is something that shows specified fields as *null*, if that's possible, not as that last one, but to catch any draft messages and sort them as any other. Is this doable?

TIA
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
MWP 7.12.67 on Windows 10 Pro machines
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Checking for null value in header?

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Sometimes it's possible, though it can vary.

If MailWasher if you choose that field to filter on, set the filter to doesn't contain, REGEX and use the full stop for any character .
That ought to trigger on a null.

You could also look at the header of these saved messages in MailWasher, I don't know about Pandora but ThunderBird adds a header line for drafts.
X-Mozilla-Draft-Info:
If Pandora does something simliar, you could filter on that instead.
epack
Active Albatross

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Sorry, don't know what you mean by this: "use the full stop for any character" at least in this context. A dot/period? Something else?

Also, FYI Pandora is a completely new email program that was designed to have much of the look and feel of the venerable and vaunted old Eudora program, but with all the old bugs and shortcomings etc fixed and/or updated for today's email. It was not developed by Qualcomm or any other corp, it was a young man in Europe (educated in the US) who created it. He has no connection to Qualcomm or me, for that matter, other than I'm a heavy user :) It's a really great program!

elaine
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
epack
Active Albatross

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:34 pm

It worked!!! I set the criteria as "TO doesn't contain ." Just a simple dot, and it shows the tag I planned to give these. And of course, depending on what stage the draft was in, i.e., has a To value, there are others I can use too.

Thanks!!

elaine
----
Elaine Pack
Huntersville, NC
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:52 pm

No worries. I just installed Pandora as well, from a brief look Drafts get saved with the following header lines
X-Pandora-Message-Text-Format: 1
X-Pandora-Index-Message-Type: 1
And if I send a message from Pandora, these lines are not included in the delivered message.

So a more concise way to filter these could be to look if the Header, Contains, Plain Text,
X-Pandora-Index-Message-Type: 1

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”