Sort mail accounts by personal preferences

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Nonno-52
Rattled Rabbit

Sort mail accounts by personal preferences

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:59 am

Cannot find how to display my mail accounts (5) in the "Inbox" by my personal preferences (not alphabetically or reverse).
Is this feature possible or just a wish? Can anyone help me.

rgds Nonno - MW user for 7 years / version 7.12.54
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Sort mail accounts by personal preferences

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:08 am

Do you mean you just want to change the sort order of all emails, or do you mean you have your accounts grouped together, and you want to sort those groups ?

If it's changing the sort order of all emails, clicking the column headings changes the sort order on the column clicked.

If you want to sort the groups, the easiest way would be to rename the account description under Settings >> Accounts >> if you renamed them to reflect the sort order MailWasher puts on those groups. For example if you wanted them sorted like Account_A, Account_B, then rename them to 1Account_A, 2Account_B
Nonno-52
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:16 am

> Do you mean you just want to change the sort order of all emails, or do you mean you have your accounts grouped together, and you want to sort those groups ?

I have 5 different email accounts (three are gmail) and hence five headers (on the incoming mail display) - each named as the accounts are named in the settings. Under the headline "name" you see the incoming emails that are addressed to this account. The accounts are not grouped - as I under stand it.
I like to sort the account "headers". [Is the only solution to rename the accounts like: 1_Outlook; 2_Hotmail; 3_Gmail-club and so fort]

Regards Nonno
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:24 pm

So that does sound like the emails are grouped by Account, where each account has the emails grouped together, 5 accounts, 5 groups etc...

I've attached a short video that shows how to display the Grouping Bar, which will display what columns are grouped and clicking on that column heading changes the sort order of those, but can only do so alphabetically.

So that would be the only way to change the sort order, rename the accounts so that sorting them alphabetically places them in the desired order. It doesn't have to be numbers, anything will do as long as the sorting of the names matches the order you want them to display in.

https://grumpy.tinytake.com/tt/NTE5OTkyNl8xNjI3MjI5Nw

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”