Event Log - How to display more than just for 1 day?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
mw62
Active Albatross

Event Log - How to display more than just for 1 day?

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Probably this falls within the category 'It would be nice'...

I've received a Google notification " Yesterday, 16:10 A suspicious app was blocked from accessing your account..."
Regretfully I don't know what application, also it is an 'Unknown device'.
I've been thinking hard to recall what I have been doing around that time. I really wouldn't know.
The notification also reads "Google prevented someone from signing in to your account using a non-Google app. If this wasn’t you, they know your password and you should change it immediately."

I am using a password manager.

Then I recalled that I have added an account to Mailwasher, so it -could- be Mailwasher.
At that point I checked the event log, but regretfully it shows todays entries only, showing :
Failed to login to server "imap.gmail.com" and recommending to set "Less Secure Apps to ON" in the Google account.

As said, it could be Mailwasher.

Hence my suggestion to add an option to display more entries, maybe limited to -say- 7 days.
An option like in the Recycle Bin, allowing users to select a longer period of time.

That aside, maybe.. add an option (set to ON, by default) : when the user is using multiple accounts, then send an error-notification to one of the other accounts?
Right now, the user doesn't know: errors are reported silently.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Event Log - How to display more than just for 1 day?

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Yeah the Event Log doesn't save, so each restart of MailWasher will clear it. It very likely will be MailWasher that triggered that message, if you don't have Less Secure Apps enabled, or if you are not using an App Password, https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en then MailWasher will not meet Googles requirements for accessing the account.

Does Google display the IP address that tried to access ? If it your IP then you'll know for sure it was MailWasher.
https://myaccount.google.com/notifications?origin=3
mw62
Active Albatross

Re: Event Log - How to display more than just for 1 day?

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:51 pm

Thanks.
Regretfully no IP address.
It merely read

"
A suspicious app was blocked from accessing your account

Google prevented someone from signing in to your account using a non-Google app.
If this wasn’t you, they know your password and you should change it immediately.

Unknown device

"
Below 'Unknown device' the country is / was also mentioned, which is / was correct.

I'll update my Google account.

Thanks again.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”