mailwasher pro will not find outlook on laptop

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Adrian
Rattled Rabbit

mailwasher pro will not find outlook on laptop

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi All

It's my first post so please be gentle.

I have had a search through the forum but have been unable to find a solution.

I have been using mailwasher with no problems for a number of years on desktops. I have just installed mailwasher pro on a laptop that is running on windows 10 and has MS office pro 2016 installed.
I have managed to set up so it talks to my ip servers ok and it downloads all my mail. The problem is that i cannot link outlook on my laptop to mailwasher. If i click on the dropdown only there are only 2 options. hotmail and mail for windows, which if i use it does not go to outlook. I have tried to browse my laptop to find outlook.exe with no luck. I have searched the internet for advise on how to find this but again with no luck.
Could anyone please give an old man some kindly advise.

Cheers
Adrian
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: mailwasher pro will not find outlook on laptop

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:49 pm

Hi Adrian

If I recall right, the default Outlook 2016 installs on machines can come improperly configured, where it has not set Outlook 2016 as an available mail program.
Try running an Outlook Repair, it won't damage anything you've done already https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... cfc4264af3

Restart MailWasher once done, as MailWasher scans on startup what email programs are installed.
Adrian
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:55 am

Hi Rusticdog

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not solve the issue. Any other ideas?

Cheers
Adrian
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:28 pm

OK sure.
Try going into Settings >> General >> Washing Mail >> set to Use Other Application in the drop down >> in the field provided copy/paste the below line >> Save.

Code: Select all

explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Outlook
Adrian
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:57 pm

Hi Rusticdog

Thanks again for the reply but that was also unsuccessful, Any other ideas?

Cheers

Adrian
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 am

OK. On my machine my Outlook EXE is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE"
I know you searched earlier, but try there.

Optionally too, if you locate an Outlook shortcut, either your deskstop of Start menu, right click on the shortcut >> select Properties >> that should tell you where the EXE is located.
Adrian
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi Rusticdog

Thanks again for the reply. I have managed to sort the problem out.
I know this sounds simple afterwards but i made sure there where no hidden files, then used explorer search to find it . The file in the search had the path
C:\Users\Joe \AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_8wekyb3d8bbwe\outlook.exe
The exe file did not have a size , which to me was strange . Before changed the settings to show hidden files i could not find it.

Thanks again for your support.

Cheers

Adrian

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”