Question for a fix

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
oldhonda
Active Albatross

Question for a fix

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 am

Yup, know its been a long time since signing on, but have a problem that maybe related to MW. For the last two days have been getting the error, "Failure to log into pop3 server" and have just about pulled all my hair out trying to receive mail again. Need a step by step fix, so please let me know what the solution may be.
Old Retired Guy
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Question for a fix

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:21 pm

Welcome back!
Is this your ATT account ? If so, try creating a Secure Mail Key, which is their wording for an App Password. Some programs like MailWasher when not using OAUTH logon systems, require special passswords to be used, though your main password stays the same.

https://www.att.com/support/article/ema ... KM1240308/
oldhonda
Active Albatross

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:20 am

Yes, it is my ATT account and I will give the Secure Mail Key thingee a try. Although I've been using the same email address for YEARS and have never had any email trouble until now. I'll post back w/results on the SMK thing. And thanks for the reply!
Old Retired Guy
oldhonda
Active Albatross

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:58 am

Well, after inserting the SMK it automatically downloaded 33 emails! Thank you, ....BUT now getting a Send/Receive error and cannot send any messages outbound. Getting this error and email checks out:

Task '<removed: rusticdog>@att.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the email address in your account properties. The server responded: 554 Email rejected'
Old Retired Guy
oldhonda
Active Albatross

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:09 am

Well, everything is hunky-dory now. Could kick myself for the easy solution. Have been using Macrium Reflect for years just to cover myself. Had 3 backups and used the latest one (4/3) w/no joy, same problem. So after fighting this thing (really wanted to manually solve it) for almost 3 days, it dawned on me this afternoon that I still had 2 backups left. So tried the next latest (4/2) and still no joy. After restoring the 3rd and final image, (3/29) MWP hollared out loud that I had new mail! Knew then everything was back in order. Just should have done all the restoring before getting blisters on my butt sitting in this chair trying for the fix. Still don't know what the problem was and really, I do not care. Thanks for the tip about the SMK and it does work!
Old Retired Guy
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:56 am

Great, glad it's all sorted now.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”