Can't click Wash Mail without clicking Stop Checking

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
PeterR
Mystified Moa

Can't click Wash Mail without clicking Stop Checking

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 pm

Mailwasher finds and displays my GMail, yet it continues saying "Found (number) of messages, Checking (number) of (number)" for a long time. This seems to happen when it has already checked the mail but it has not yet been washed. If there are in fact new messages, it works almost instantly.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Can't click Wash Mail without clicking Stop Checking

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Can you send me some logs, sounds like MailWasher is getting stuck. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'as per forum, peterR' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back once sent, so I can check they arrived all OK.

Cheers
PeterR
Mystified Moa

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 pm

OK I have done that now. BTW I have tried turning off antivirus programs but it doesn't help.
PeterR
Mystified Moa

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:08 pm

The stuckness does eventually clear after a minute or two. But it will recur.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:21 pm

Great, thanks.
It's the two Yahoo UK accounts, so the immediate quick fix is go into Settings >> Accounts >> for each of this accounts uncheck 'Include in default mail check' >> Save.
That will stop MailWasher stalling while checking those accounts, and so won't have this pause at the end.

For the Yahoo accounts, they are failing with this error
S: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.
So this might be a temporary issue, but you could try setting MailWasher to use the recommended settings.

Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> click Advanced >> uncheck Store Cached Emails >> make sure your username is the full email address >> the server address should be pop.mail.yahoo.com >> Save.
If that does not work, try again under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> click Advanced >> check the option 'Use OAUTH' >> Save.

When MailWasher tries to check using OAUTH, it should display a popup where you logon to your Yahoo account and give MailWasher access to the account.

Once the two Yahoo UK accounts are working again, then back Settings >> Accounts >> for each of this accounts check 'Include in default mail check' >> Save.
PeterR
Mystified Moa

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm

Ah thank you! It was confusing as the message at the bottom of the Mailwasher screen gave the impression it was some of the non-Yahoo accounts such as GMail that were stalling. I have changed the standard password for the Yahoo accounts to the special ones consisting of random letters generated by Yahoo which I was already using in Thunderbird, and all works smoothly now.

Weird that Mailwasher wasn't telling me it was trying to contact a Yahoo account or that the login was being refused, don't you think?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:20 pm

PeterR wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm
Ah thank you! It was confusing as the message at the bottom of the Mailwasher screen gave the impression it was some of the non-Yahoo accounts such as GMail that were stalling. I have changed the standard password for the Yahoo accounts to the special ones consisting of random letters generated by Yahoo which I was already using in Thunderbird, and all works smoothly now.

Weird that Mailwasher wasn't telling me it was trying to contact a Yahoo account or that the login was being refused, don't you think?
Yeah it updates the display on task completion, so that should be changed to when it starts a task instead.

Glad all sorted now.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”