copying user files from one computer to another

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
eweforia
Student Sheep

copying user files from one computer to another

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:09 am

I installed MW on a new Windows10 desktop computer and I've copied all of the files from the old Win7 computer's
AppData->Roaming->Firetrust->Mailwasher directory to the same directory on the new computer. MW runs fine and can see my email accounts. However, none of the Friends List, Blacklist, or filters are displaying in Settings. What do I need to do?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: copying user files from one computer to another

Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:25 pm

You want to include C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\cache\ for the Friends and Blacklists.

The filters are stored in Filters.xml located in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\

Was MailWasher closed when you copied the files across, if it was open, it would have written over the newly copied files.

Optionally too, if you still have access to the old MailWasher installation, then go File >> Export >> set to copy Learning, give it a name and save location >> Export >> then copy across the created .mwp file to the new machine, and just run it by double clicking.
eweforia
Student Sheep

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:59 am

Thank you. I still haven't figured out how to be notified that I've received forum replies, so I hadn't read your reply by the time I installed MW. In desperation, I simply coped absolutely EVERYTHING over to the new computer, and it seems to have done the trick. Here is a new, slightly unrelated question: How do I get MW to resize to the same size on Monitor 2 that it was prior to rebooting? It docks to the correct location on Monitor 2, but it is not the correct height. It is only half-high.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:07 pm

If you resize MailWasher to the height you want using the arrow cursor when you mouse over the program border, then go File >> Exit >> that should ensure the position and size is saved >> see if MailWasher then starts with desired height.
eweforia
Student Sheep

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:59 am

Thanks but that's not the solution. I have to resize the MW window as you described every time I reboot and still it persists in opening to 3/4 height. The position is saved, just not the height. Any idea where I can adjust a setting for this?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 am

OK that is odd.

MailWasher stores the window size in startup.xml found under Help >> User Files >> you can open the file in any Notepad type of program.
What I would try is first open the folder above >> close MailWasher down >> open the file in Notepad >> under the <Window Maximised> section, delete the two lines Height and Width from the file (example below) >> Save and close the file >> start MailWasher >> set the height and width again >> go File >> Exit >> restart MailWasher.

Code: Select all

<Height>598</Height>
    <Width>897</Width>

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”