MailWasher Pro 7.12.54

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
lifeistooshort
Rattled Rabbit

MailWasher Pro 7.12.54

Fri May 14, 2021 12:28 am

I recently (March) reformatted my Windows 10 Desktop pc. It updated to whatever the latest Windows 10 is.

I re-installed other programs including of course Mailwasher - the version above.

I've used Mailwasher forever, I got the original Pro one free for donating or something, I forget how it happened but that's how long I've been using it.

I've never had any problems with it.

This new version is doing my head in.

First I have to work out why it's only pulling the last seven days emails in.

Then when I reset that (finally) I still don't get the old emails THAT I WANT!!

I have to tick another box to download all. WHY?????

Now it's doing that it;s marking random emails with a bloody dustbin for delete. WHY???

I right click and get an option to remove marked as delete - it doesn't work ... WHY????

I don't want them deleted. I can't get rid of the dustbin. I've restarted and clicked on every option available to Mailwasherkind ...

Firetrust - really - why are you doing this?

Why???

I just want a program that loads the emails to peer at all my emails and decide if I (that's me - who the emails belong to) want to keep or delete. I'm using pop3 on three different email servers with cache and recycle and everything switched off. It's worked perfectly since about year 2000.

I don't want you to make the decisions for me in 2021.

Please stop!
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: MailWasher Pro 7.12.54

Fri May 14, 2021 3:20 am

What you're seeing is the result of your doing a fresh install, w/o re installing a backup, causing MWP to fall back to its defaults. Alas, there's no quick way to solve this... :facepalm
    • Learning naturally starts all over again and your black- and whitelist will be empty too. Hence you'll see many mails ticked for deletion. BTW: That's nothing new; it's the way this has always worked.
    • If you'd like to see all old mails, you need to edit the setting of each and every account: assuming you're using IMAP, under incoming server>>advanced tick "download read mail" and then set it to "all" in the choice box below.
    • Furthermore you'd need to train the white- and blacklist by tcking the "add to (black/white)list and play a bit with the settings under spam tools>>spam ratings

It'll take some time, but in the end you'll have MWP back to what you desire (or even better than it was).

Succes!
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
lifeistooshort
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 14, 2021 7:23 am

Thanks for the patronising reply but you're talking absolute sphericals.

I've never had learning or spam tools enabled. They aren't enabled now.

This version of Mailwasher Pro is markedly different from the one before and it sucks.

If you must add stupid, pointless options, like the stupid dustbin which does god knows what good, hovering on the right hand side of the screen, for heaven's sake make them opt in, not default.

And I still am not able to remove the dustbin/delete from the emails Mailwasher Pro has decided I no longer need.

How about some actual answers instead of patronising guff?
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri May 14, 2021 7:37 pm

lifeistooshort wrote:
Thanks for the patronising reply but you're talking absolute sphericals.
Just trying to help... no intention whatsoever to be patronising. Just like you I'm an user (albeit a longtime one), trying to help a fellow user. :roll:
lifeistooshort wrote:
I've never had learning or spam tools enabled. They aren't enabled now.
I sincerely wonder why you're using MWP at all -no pun intended-, as w/o those -to me- MWP would be just another unintelligent E-reader.
lifeistooshort wrote:
This version of Mailwasher Pro is markedly different from the one before and it sucks.
Sorry, but this just is not true. This paid version of MWP has been working exactly like this for many years... You're in the MWP 7 forum; just to verify: what's your version number?
lifeistooshort wrote:
If you must add stupid, pointless options, like the stupid dustbin which does god knows what good, hovering on the right hand side of the screen, for heaven's sake make them opt in, not default.
And I still am not able to remove the dustbin/delete from the emails Mailwasher Pro has decided I no longer need.
How about some actual answers instead of patronising guff?
Never seen a hovering dustbin here... I really get the feeling we're talking about two different versions of MWP.
One last (patronizing :devil ) suggestion: if you'd really like some help of your peers, I'd strongly advice you to alter your " tone of voice"...
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”