Forgotten time saving feature.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Fishface
It begins with a single step

Forgotten time saving feature.

Sun May 16, 2021 6:35 am

I would like to suggest bringing the 'bounce' tickbox back, so, it isn't necessary to bounce individual e-mails which have already been marked for the blacklist. MW v5 had this feature, but, it disappeared in v6. It is much easier to mark an e-mail blacklisted & 'bounce' at the same time.
Thanks
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Forgotten time saving feature.

Sun May 16, 2021 8:19 am

I'm sure Firetrust removed that tickbox for a reason. Though bouncing once was a good idea, these days it is not, firstly because the From and Return Path are invariably forged. Sometimes they're not valid addresses and they go nowhere, although it takes some server and DNS activity for even that to happen. But far too often, the forged address belongs to someone. Some spammers use an address off of their mailing list as the From. It used to be common to use one address for an entire run of many thousands of spams. If someone actually owned/used that address they would get thousands of bounces.

What's worse to you: your E-mail provider may consider a "fake" bounce illegal (as I understand, Gmail does) and you might end up being banned from your E-mail server yourself!

Hope, this explains the "why"... Cheers!
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”