2 questions about importing & bouncing

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
mipak
Student Sheep

2 questions about importing & bouncing

Fri May 28, 2021 10:24 pm

i have a couple of questions ... nothing overly serious ...

firstly ... at the bottom of the 'blacklist' page, there is a button with 'import' on it. perhaps highlighting the particular email addresses ... there were around 350 to 400 of them ... and then moving back to the 'import' button in mw7 and hitting that. what would happen? might it save the time it took to manually add the addresses into the blacklist one by one?

secondly ... the titles across the main page, such as Delete, Friend, From, Subject etc ... there is no column for Bounce or Action like there were in v654. if Bounce was in the choice list, it could be set just once in the choice list and the programme would learn accordingly. this would save having to move to the 'email' heading at the top right and open the list below it and then activate the Bounce command every time you want something bounced. also, it doesn't say what it's going to bounce either thus i'm very reluctant to use it.

i may well be looking at these 2 questions completely in the wrong way so would much appreciate for someone in the forum to put me on the right track please.

thank you ... michael.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: 2 questions about importing & bouncing

Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi Michael

The blacklist import will import any blacklisted email addresses from a previous MailWasher 6 install. So if you previously had MailWasher 6 installed on the machine, you could run the import to bring those addresses in.

For the bounce column, we don't recommend people bounce spam emails any more, instead we only recommend it be used to bounce a legitimate sender, who you want to think that your email is no longer valid. That's why we removed the bounce column, as it just isn't effective in current environment.
mipak
Student Sheep

Re: 2 questions about importing & bouncing ... SOLVED

Sat May 29, 2021 3:34 am

hi ...
thanks for your post ...

i was kind of hoping that the 'import' command would lift all the bad addresses from the list i'd been collecting and saving in eudora pro but that's okay. took me a bit of time to move them one by one but they're all safely in mailwasher now which incidentaly, is working very well.

as regards bouncing spam back etc., some wee while back, i had read somewhere that it wasn't really the right thing to do so i stopped doing it about 12 to 14 months ago.

so, okay for both answers ...
thanks a stack ... much appreciated and regards from scotland ... michael.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”