ATT Yahoo Mandates OAuth or Secure Password Key for POP3

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
burley
Mystified Moa

ATT Yahoo Mandates OAuth or Secure Password Key for POP3

Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:57 am

Last week my MailWasher Pro application could no longer login to my ATT-Yahoo account via POP3, and my second POP3 application had the same issue.

To make a long story short, the solution turned out to be simple.....

I went to the following web page for instructions on how to create a NEW PASSWORD for logging into POP3 server (called 'Secure Password Key').........:

Create a secure mail key
https://www.att.com/support/article/ema ... ccess=true

Following these instructions, I was able to create a NEW PASSWORD (called 'Secure Password Key') for my two  POP3 applications.

I copied and pasted this NEW PASSWORD into the password field for my POP3 application login and my app MailWasherPro worked immediately! And my other app also worked with this NEW PASSWORD (called 'Secure Password Key').

-----------------------------

------ LACK OF DOCUMENTATION ??--------------
I searched for "OAuth" in the online MailWasher Pro user guide and did not get a hit. Did I miss something?

I also noticed there was a Check box in the POP3 account setup. I checked this box, but MailWasher Pro would still NOT work.

In any event, following ATT's instructions for creating a NEW PASSWORD (called 'Secure Password Key') worked immediately.
burley
Mystified Moa

Re: ATT Yahoo Mandates OAuth or "Secure Password Key" (now called "Secure Mail Key") for POP3 Stopped Working

Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:30 am

At the end of Feb 2023, my "Secure Mail Key" with my ATT Yahoo account, which as been working since June 2021 (see above), STOPPED WORKING!

This happened after ATT popped Up a window asking me for my permission to allow MailWasher to have access my email account. I answered YES by checking all the boxes.

(NOTE: I was and am still able to login to my Currently (Yahoo) Email Account with no problem).

I created a NEW "Secure Mail Key" and entered it into MailWasher Pro account login box. Unfortunately, it is still NOT working.

Here are my MailWasher Pro settings................:

Server Type = POP3
Server Address = inbound.att.net
Server Port = 995.
Security Connection Type = OAUTH
Secure Authentication is.... CHECKED
Pipelining = Both boxes CHECKED

Do these settings look correct?

Thank
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: ATT Yahoo Mandates OAuth or Secure Password Key for POP3

Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:43 am

Yes, MWPro should now work fine with OAUTH, so no need (usually) for a secure key...

Open Mailwasher Pro and click, Settings>>Accounts, click your account and click, "Remove Account", click, "Yes, remove it", close and restart Mailwasher Pro.

In Mailwasher Pro click, Settings>>Accounts>>Add Email Account, type in a name for the account, and your email address and click Save.

On the incoming tab type in your password and click Save again, allow access to MW via the popup that appears.

(NOTE: if the popup gives a blank screen, restart MWPro, then check mail for that account and it should appear correctly then)

Note also, that a user has created this FAQ on Yahoo accounts which is very good:

https://kodebug.weebly.com/mailwasher-w ... omail.html

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”