Mail through Mailwasher

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Hans L
Mystified Moa

Mail through Mailwasher

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:18 am

I have MailWasher Pro, but I have not been able to figure out if it can work so that emails to a scanned email address can go through, and based on what I see, I can go back to MailWasher, find the emails in question, and then mark them as spam or not spam.

Grateful for your input.

Hans L
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mail through Mailwasher

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:21 am

Hi Hans

So, if you want specific emails to pass direct to your email client, with others being held back, that isn't possible at present, though something were interested in looking into.

To have emails treated 'better' by MailWasher, you can use the Friends List to add senders to that, and also if necessary using Custom Filters you can craft a simple filter that will tag these emails and perform actions such as, never flag for delete, mark as good etc..
Hans L
Mystified Moa

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:20 am

Hi. Never got notification, and under "Manage notification", I can manage nothing. So, sorry for the delay.

I used to have a spam program (it probably stopped working) that looked at all emails and let them all go through to my email client. I could then go back to that spam program, which contained a list of all email having gone through it, and I could mark emails as Good or Spam. When I open MailWasher, there is nothing! I simply have no idea how to use it. Please give me a hint.

Hans L

PS. And if I cannot manage Notifications in the manager, where?
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Hans L wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:20 am
And if I cannot manage Notifications in the manager, where?

You can subscribe to a thread using the options at the bottom of the page:

MailWasher - 2021_0719 - Subscribe to thread.jpg
MailWasher - 2021_0719 - Subscribe to thread.jpg (20.01 KiB) Viewed 2804 times

To get an email notification, go to the forum User Control Panel and set that up in the Board Preferences section. With a bit of luck, this link will take you to the right spot: ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

For information on using MailWasher, have you checked the tutorial video. You can find it under the MailWasher View menu:

MailWasher - 2021_0719 - Tutorial video.jpg
MailWasher - 2021_0719 - Tutorial video.jpg (17.43 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
Windows 10
Hans L
Mystified Moa

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:24 am

Thanks for the Notification and Tutorial. Great. Now, since i have run out of the trial period, let me ask one more question before I buy:

Do you have to look at emails in MailWasher (and mark them Good or whatever) before they can go through to your email client,

OR

Can you let mail go through to your email client and then go back to the same emails in MailWasher and mark them Good or whatever?

Thanks,

Hans L

PS. Now, I should get notifications about your responses.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:32 pm

You should look at the mail in MailWasher first, wash it, and then go to your email client and download it. That way, the only mail that gets to your email client is the stuff that you've reviewed and have accepted as being okay.

If you weren't able to view the video, this is probably it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrLVrdLmg6o

If you have a look at https://www.youtube.com/user/nickboltonft/videos there are a range of emails dealing with other aspects of MailWasher as well.
Windows 10
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:04 pm

Hans, if you need more time on the trial of MailWasher just let me know and I'll send you a license for a month.
Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”