Moving Mailwasher User Files

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
TraceyW
Rattled Rabbit

Moving Mailwasher User Files

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:17 am

Hi

For some time now I've been using Mailwasher Pro (latest version) with my user files located on drive D: not C:. I certainly didn't put them on drive D: but that is simply where I found them. Now, although Mailwasher is working fine, I would like to move them to their default folder on drive C:. Question: how can I do that without losing any of my data?

I've had a look at the default location and the only file there is redirect.dat containing one word - User1. Obviously that is playing some part in this but how do I overcome this problem and can I move my user files. As well as the live data, I've got numerous copies of my user files in backups that I can recover quite easily. But how do I do it? What is the procedure and can it be done?

I should add that I've tried doing a search but so far I've come up with nothing. As a result, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey

rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Moving Mailwasher User Files

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:30 am

Hi Tracey

If you go Help >> User Files >> that should open up the User1 folder on the D:\ that contains all the data files and cache subfolder

Copy all files and folders into C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher

Close MailWasher, back in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher delete the file redirect.dat >> restart MailWasher.
TraceyW
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 am

Hi Rusticdog

Many thanks for your reply but I'm sorry to say that it just doesn't work. Something is triggering Mailwasher to recreate the redirect.dat file. No matter how many times I try it ALWAYS gets recreated. It seems that until we find out what is doing this I am stuck with my files on drive D: -- like it or lump it. Currently I've now returned my file to the structure they had this morning and it is working just fine.

Tracey
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:11 am

Sorry, it's been a while and I got confused which file MailWasher uses to enable the redirection.

If you go Help >> User Files >> that should open up the User1 folder on the D:\ that contains all the data files and cache subfolder

Copy all files and folders into C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher

Back in MailWasher go into Help >> Common Files >> close MailWasher down >> delete the file CustomDateFilesPath.dat

Restart MailWasher.
TraceyW
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:34 am

Hi Rusticdog

Many thanks for the help. I'm now running Mailwasher from its default location. I found CustomDateFiles.dat in C:\Program Data and deleted it along with redirect.dat. The files on Drive D: have also been deleted and I've got Mailwasher appearing exactly as it should be so I'm all good now. Thanks again for all your help.

Tracey

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”