Mail not disappearing from Mailwasher when "washed"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Sy182
It begins with a single step

Mail not disappearing from Mailwasher when "washed"

Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:05 am

I have two PC's that I use mailwasher on. Mailwasher is set up on both identically but with different email addresses.
On one when I Wash mail, it opens my email software (Microsoft Outlook) and the emails (the ones i haven'tmarked for bin) appear in MS Outlook and also disappear from MailWasher. This is what I expect and need to happen.
On the other PC however it is set up identically but the emails do not disappear from Mailwasher when washed but alos appear in MS Outlook. If I try deleting the emails from MailWasher after they are processed, they also disappear from MS Outlook. Any ides?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mail not disappearing from Mailwasher when "washed"

Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:21 am

Hi there

That will likely mean Outlook on the problem machine will be setup to use IMAP, and on the other machine it will be set to use POP to access the email account.
IMAP is a synchronised email system, where all emails retrieved by the email program are left on the server. It isn't until they are deleted or moved from the Inbox folder, or marked as Read that they would disappear from MailWashers view.

So you could look to setup the account in Outlook as POP, then on download you have the option in Outlook to delete the email off the server once downloaded.

Or keep using IMAP, but as above, be aware that you need to move a message, flag it as Read etc.. to have it removed from MailWasher.

If you need any help with the above, just let us know what version Outlook you have installed.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”