Email never deletes from MW

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Email never deletes from MW

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:33 am

After I wash mail and download to thunderbird, it stays on mailwasher and I can't find setting to delete from MW.

(I've used MW for years and it automatically got rid of emails once I downloaded them to email client.)

Thanks!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Email never deletes from MW

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:44 am

In ThunderBird, go into Tools >> Account Settings >> select Server Settings on the left for the account >> at the top, check if it's listed as a POP or IMAP account.

If it's a POP account, then uncheck 'Leave messages on server' further down the page >> restart ThunderBird.

If it's IMAP, then this is the way IMAP behaves, where all emails are left on the server. You can move messages from the Inbox to another folder, which will remove them from MailWasher, or also flagging them as Read should do the same (if MailWasher is also using IMAP to access the account).
Another feature of using IMAP in MailWasher is that you can set it to only download xx days of messages, so older messages won't load which you can do under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced.

Optionally, you could remove the account from ThunderBird, add it back but set it up manually specifying to use POP not IMAP. Then the above applies and you can go back to using email how you used to.

Cheers
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:54 am

My Tools do not have Account Settings or look like what you have described. I have to go out but will come back to this later. One account is POP and I the other is IMAP. Thx.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:57 am

OK sure.
CTRL + SHIFT + T will also open the accounts section in ThunderBird.
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:57 am

Ok, I think I've got it! Thanks for your patience!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”