MW7 Not deleting messages that I marked to delete

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Phuztone
Student Sheep

MW7 Not deleting messages that I marked to delete

Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:43 am

My MW7 isn't deleting messages that I mark for deletion. Then ALL messages load up my email app. This started the beginning of this year (2021). I have started running the Wash Mail twice to make sure it does its job. This doesn't happen every time, only most of the time.

I'm getting tired of running the Wash Mail more than once. Any suggestions? Thanks!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW7 Not deleting messages that I marked to delete

Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:20 am

Hi there

What email program are you using ?
Also in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> is MailWasher set to IMAP or POP ?
Lastly, is this with all email accounts or just the GMail ?

Thanks
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:58 am

I am using Becky Email client.
MW is set for POP
I'm not using it for Gmail, due to problem with Gmail
This happens occasionally with all my accounts, but mostly with my main Comcast account
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:53 pm

Try removing the account from MailWasher >> restart the program >> Add the account back in. Also once readded, under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> be sure Store Cached Emails is not checked.

If that still fails, I would try using IMAP in MailWasher, you can keep using whatever you have setup in Becky, it won't matter. To switch just change it under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> at the top, then Save.
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 am

I'm up to washing emails at least 3 times before processing them in MW. This is tiring. It maybe simpler to just go thru & delete the bad emails.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:59 am

OK great, got your logs, I don't see any errors but I can see the issue you describe, you delete the emails, but next Check Mail, MailWasher is told by the server they are still present.

I would first try using IMAP to access the account in MailWasher, what you use in Becky won't matter here, that can stay the same.
Try that with the main Comcast account, see how it goes, Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> change to IMAP at the top >> Save.

It may be that the POP servers aren't updating quick enough, we've seen that occasionally over the years, quite rare now but a possibility.
Phuztone
Student Sheep

Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:24 am

Something new after setting it. It isn't deleting the message after downloading them. There are 2 emails remaining on server after downloading.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:14 pm

Phuztone wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:24 am
Something new after setting it. It isn't deleting the message after downloading them. There are 2 emails remaining on server after downloading.
Did you change Becky to use IMAP as well ?

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”