Too many filters?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
timf
Student Sheep

Too many filters?

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:44 pm

In the main filter dialog, if I add a 16th message filter, I cannot scroll down to it. The bottom of the field is not anchored to the foot of the main window.
Of course I can move the whole window to my 4k screen but someone with only one screen would not have this option.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Too many filters?

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:53 pm

Do you not have a scroll bar on the far right of MailWasher to shift down ? You could also try mousing over the area that reads Help and Info, and scroll with the mouse wheel, does that shift the screen down ?
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:00 am

FTR, I have 28 filters. And as RD suggested there is a scroll bar on the right side of the filter list panel to scroll the list of filters up and down.

Also, if I move my mouse into the filter box, that filter is highlighted and then I can use my mouse's scroll wheel to move the list up and down.

@rusticdog - If I move my mouse into the "Help and Info" area, my scroll wheel does nothing. The only area on that entire Settings > Spam Tools > "Filters" page that works with my scroll wheel is when I am in the white space of the "Filters" area filters list.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
timf
Student Sheep

Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:53 am

Please do not assume I am an idiot. I know perfectly well what the scroll bar and mouse wheel are for. No further end-user replies are needed; this was a bug report, not a request for help.

The key to the problem is that when the display is scaled up to make everything legible on a high-res monitor or a monitor which uses above 96dpi, the foot of the filters entry field expands below the foot of the window, so the scroll bar and mouse wheel cannot make all the filters visible. This is a simple program bug: increasing the display scale should cause fewer filters to be displayed without scrolling, and not make it impossible to view them all.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:06 am

Right, I see what you mean when the font is scaled up beyond the 100% in MailWasher. Will add to the list.

Cheers
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:26 am

Please do not assume I am an idiot.
Gee whiz! :( No one was doing that. Your subject asked a question. Please do not assume everyone can automatically read your mind and know exactly your intent for posting.

I was simply trying to help by explaining how I am able to scroll through many more filters. Sorry you took offense.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”