Mailwasher nolonger deletes files after washing

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Carol_S
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher nolonger deletes files after washing

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:28 am

I recently had to do a new install of Mailwaher Pro 7 afrer my old laptop went Kaput.
Unfortunately, after the reinstall, Mailwasher no longer automatically deletes the email notifiacations afrer doing the Wash.
Could this be that I had to do some upgrades and I skipped two of them before installing the latest. Should I have done every sing upgrade sequentially?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher nolonger deletes files after washing

Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:20 am

Hi there

What email program are you using ?
Also in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> is MailWasher set to IMAP or POP ?

I suspect in your email program on the new setup, you are using IMAP, this means that emails are left on the server after download. In turn this means MailWasher still loads these messages.

Once you let me know what email program, we can check this and look at options.

Thanks
Carol_S
Mystified Moa

Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:59 am

Hi,
Thanks for answering.
All my accounts are set up as POP accounts and I am using Thunderbird as my default mail client.
This is the same as I have always done it - so it is strange that it is happening on this laptop.
I have a similar set up on my main workstation and this deletes the fmail which I don't want to be sent to Thunderbird, which leads me to thinj that it is something which I have done when setting up Mailwasher Pro on this new laptop.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:06 am

OK great, check in ThunderBird under Tools >> Account Settings >> select Server Settings on the left >> under 'Server Settings' on the right, uncheck the 3 options there to check on startup, check every xx minutes, and also the option for immediate server notifications >> restart ThunderBird once the changes are made.

Also at the top of this same screen, can you double check ThunderBird is also using POP.

Thanks
Carol_S
Mystified Moa

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:25 am

Unfortunately thar didn't solve it. I will delete the old version and then do a fresh download and re-install. If I remember correctly it will retain all my previous email details.
Carol_S
Mystified Moa

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:43 pm

Well reinstalling didn't fix the problem.
However, after experimenting for tthe last couple of days, I have solved it.
Check for new messagges at startup - checked
Check for new messages every X mins - unchecked
Automatically download new messages - checked
Leave messages on server - unchecked

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”