MSN/Outlook.com mail suddenly not deleting (Wash Mail)

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
bubbismith
Student Sheep

MSN/Outlook.com mail suddenly not deleting (Wash Mail)

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:03 am

Started in the last week. My MW has a mixture of msn, outlook, gmail, and my own mail server, and has been working just fine. Now, suddenly the emails from @msn.com (just one account - but an important one) they disappear on Wash Mail, but then come back after two or three 'Check Mail'. Last time it was google who came up with some segregated inbox, anyone know the problem with msn, or something with MW.

MW: 7.12.54 / Win 20H2 x64 pro
Thanks very much.
Bub
anniefriday
Mystified Moa

Re: MSN/Outlook.com mail suddenly not deleting (Wash Mail)

Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:07 pm

I have exactly the same problem. POP3 account with Outlook.com and my problem started a few days ago too. I "think" it may have started about the time I installed the last Windows 10 update. My apologies if I shouldnt have piggybacked on Bub's thread but thought I should mention it because it seems more than one person is affected by this. I've tried deleting and reinstalling my account and it's made no difference.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:35 pm

bubbismith wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:03 am
Started in the last week. My MW has a mixture of msn, outlook, gmail, and my own mail server, and has been working just fine. Now, suddenly the emails from @msn.com (just one account - but an important one) they disappear on Wash Mail, but then come back after two or three 'Check Mail'. Last time it was google who came up with some segregated inbox, anyone know the problem with msn, or something with MW.

MW: 7.12.54 / Win 20H2 x64 pro
Thanks very much.
Bub
Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> is the MSN account setup as POP or IMAP ?

It sounds like MSN might have a dodgy server that isn't synchronising correctly. So I would first try switching the account in MailWasher to either POP or IMAP and see how that goes.
anniefriday wrote: I have exactly the same problem. POP3 account with Outlook.com and my problem started a few days ago too. I "think" it may have started about the time I installed the last Windows 10 update. My apologies if I shouldnt have piggybacked on Bub's thread but thought I should mention it because it seems more than one person is affected by this. I've tried deleting and reinstalling my account and it's made no difference.
To clarify, emails you delete in MailWasher are coming back after a short time ? I would try the above first, switch the account to IMAP in MailWasher and see if those deleted emails stay away.
anniefriday
Mystified Moa

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:04 pm

Switching the account to IMAP worked, thanks. A new problem now though, I cant restore emails from the Recycle Bin. I have my outgoing server set to smtp.gmail.com
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:20 pm

anniefriday wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:04 pm
Switching the account to IMAP worked, thanks. A new problem now though, I cant restore emails from the Recycle Bin. I have my outgoing server set to smtp.gmail.com
So the Outgoing server for the GMail account is smtp.gmail.com or the MSN account ?

If it's the former, then double check under Settings >> Accounts >> Outgoing >> that the SMTP Authentication option is set, and also set to use same as Incoming. The Secure Connection should be SSL.

If it's for the MSN account and using the GMail SMTP. Then same as above, SMTP Authentication option is set, however in the username/password field below this you should enter your GMail logon and password. Secure Connection should be SSL.
anniefriday
Mystified Moa

Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:03 pm

The MSN account and those are the settings I have. I just tried again and magically restore is working now so a false alarm. Sorry about that. I havent a clue why it didn't work when I tried previously. Thanks for your help Rustic Dog.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:05 pm

No worries at all, glad is sorted.
bubbismith
Student Sheep

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:34 am

OK, so I can get thread back.... :shock: it has nothing to do with gmail.com. ;)

It's for an @msn.com (my oldest) account which takes me to outlook.com to see my email. I believe the same thing happens when using and old @hotmail.com account.

I've been using pop3 with it in MW for many years. So, based on the post yesterday I added an imap account and it does work, but not as well IMO as the choice is to move the deleted emails to another folder instead of deleting them right now. (Thus keeping the online account empty).

So, I discovered this, this morning: If I download via MW using the pop3 account and delete them, they still come back into MW again (with the pop3 settings), but they don't come back with the imap account. So, download them using both accounts, you see them in MW with the different account names... delete them using the pop3 account and they come back, and indeed are still in the inbox when logging online, but the imap account (in MW) stops showing them on the next [Check Mail].

It must be an outlook.com thing... I guess it's IMAP for now, unless there are other suggestions.

thanks very much, - bubbi
bubbismith
Student Sheep

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:51 am

OK, to add to the above :D

I just downloaded my emails into my Outlook program, their final destination. And when I did, the emails referenced above as deleted via pop3 and not showing anymore in the IMAP account were indeed downloaded into Outlook the program. So somehow, MW recognized in the IMAP account the deleted emails via pop3 (they no long showed via IMAP), but they were not really deleted, are still show in the inbox in online, and then did download when finally using Outlook the program (which indeed is setup with pop3).
bubbismith
Student Sheep

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:32 am

Just a follow up: So, the pop email is back. I switched to imap for a couple weeks, then checked it again, and the pop3 was back to working, so I've been using that again for a few days now and all is well.

cheers.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”